SP Jain GMBA - May 2013

191 Posts  ·  103 Users
About this group
Hi There,I have made it to the May 13' intake of the SP Jain GMBA program - SG, DXB, SYD.Any fellow joiners in here. Can anyone help with the latest placement figures and batch profile. A fb group for members of this cohort would be useful !!!...
Page 1 of 20

Hi Myself Akhila Rajan. My profile is as follow- Cat 2015 - 94.22% X- 78% XII - 68 BE- 59 Work exp - 33 months (currently) I don't have any idea what's the admission criteria of SP JAIN GMBA. On what basis SP JAIN shortlist candidates for GMBA? Do I have a chance to convert wid my low acads (if I get a call ) Seniors please provide a detailed info of GMBA is it worth applying considering hefty fees? Batch-size? Avg Placement? When does the registration starts? Thanks in advice :)

1 comment
SPJainGlobal

Hi!

We evaluate a potential candidate overall, on several factors. These are: good GMAT, CAT or SP Jain aptitude test scores, good academic record, relevant work experience (min. 3 years), exhibited leadership qualities, analytical abilities, communication skills and other personality traits.

Admissions are now open for May 2016, last date to apply for the same is 14th march 2015. Next intake is for January 2017 , admissions are also open for this intake now. More information is available on http://spjain.org/gmba/index.asp.

Your CAT score meets our cut off, so you can apply with this score. For GMBA, we need the candidate to have completed a minimum of 3 years work experience by the start of the batch.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi ALL,

Need your valuable suggestion - i am planning for SP Jain GMBA - May Intake 2016 - My profile is

10th - 74%

12th - 72%

B.Tech (Bio Informatics) - 78%

work exp - Around 5 years in IT  ( 2 years in Health care , 1 year in Insurance and 2 years in Banking and Financial service) worked as a developer for 3 years and now working as a QA Analyst.

i don't have any onsite experience as of now.

I am NSE certified in Banking services and also i am active in outreach programs such as save the children.

Can anyone help me understand how strong or weak is my Profile. what more do i need to do ? i am planning to write SPJAT , how much do i need to score and what type of questions do they ask ? Any reference available apart from sample questions which SPJAIN provides ?   Please share your valuable feedback.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

can anyone please share the interview experience? how has everything worked out ? What was the case study like? PI questions? Please share ... I have my interview on 25th january.

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
mba-yes
@mba-yes  ·  0 karma

i havent joined the institute. too bad reviews from everyone. did a lot of research after getting the offer. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
sumedhdesai99
@sumedhdesai99  ·  0 karma

wht bad reviews ...pls specify

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Is there any difference/ advantage between the may and september intake?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all

I want to apply for SPJAIN Global MBA.

I am preparing for GMAT now. But I am confused that even after getting good score in GMAT, do I stand a chance getting into these B Schools?  Please guide, so that I can seriously plan my future ahead. Thanks

My grades:

10th- 82%

12th-67%

B.Tech(ECE)-74%

Work Ex - 25 months till now(10 Months in INFOSYS- currently working here)

1 comment
SPJainGlobal

Hi!

For GMBA it is mandatory that the candidate should have a minimum of 3 years work experience by the start of the batch. We suggest the Masters in Global Business (MGB) program for you, which also gives you the option to convert your degree to a GMBA later (optional), subject to certain conditions. MGB is a Masters qualification, specially designed for graduates with little (less than three years) work experience to give them knowledge and skill-sets required for a great career in global business. The MGB is designed to provide graduates in-depth cross-functional knowledge of business and a sound understanding of how business operates in a global environment. The course makes use of a blended learning model that includes simulations, group-work, real-world case studies, enabling students to relate theoretical aspects of business to the practical challenges facing today's global business managers. Through this program students get an opportunity to immerse in the exciting culture at each of these 3 cities, giving them an edge to understand global business practices at an early age hence, accomplishing an exemplary global tri-city structure

Our cut off for GMAT is 650. We put a lot of emphasis on the interview and past work experience and use a relatively low aptitude test score as a cut off. At the interview we check for motivation, clarity of thought, articulation, problem solving skills, communication and global awareness. Would suggest you to apply for the program.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hello ,I have cleared the SPJAT and am waiting for the interview call. I just need few tips regarding the interview for MGB. Is there any1 who could just tell me how to go about the interview preparation?

and also

Those who have given interview for Global Supply Chain, please share your interview experience. This will help us a lot to get an overview of the process and reduce anxiety.

Thanks in advance

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

did anyone received call from SP jain GMBA for May 2014 intake ?

10 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 10
Wukong
@Wukong  ·  0 karma

Isn't that the whole point of pursuing such a course? To gain knowledge and some experience in the specialization you are applying to? Sounds like a dumb reason to deny campus placement.

Anyway, good luck and thank you for the info.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
jaykot
@jaykot  ·  0 karma
@priyesh_mba if u selected in non-placement category... than u r going to face lot of trouble for job hunt... same review I have received from recently pass out student... rest up to you... check ur rick analysis and than decide... all the best
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have a number of doubts.

1. DO this program give weightage to graduation percentage (example I scored 65% only) ???
2. How true is the plaement data that is shared by SPjain on there website, who can testify that ?
3. How is the program different from the normal 2 year PGDM program and any college in india offers?
4. How many seats are filled with the first cycle (January 2013 Intake) ??
5. What is the cutoff score from GMAT ???

If My Mind Can Conceive It and My Heart Can Believe it. I Know I will Acheive It.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi guys..can someone share how CMM experience is going? teaching and course design good? how are placements?any idea?hi guys..can someone share how CMM experience is going? teaching and course design good? how are placements?any idea?

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
applepie6
@applepie6  ·  0 karma

Heyy GIMBA, why do I gather from your words that you suggest negative about the college?What is the ratio or % of students we see getting placed here? I am a business analyst at top finanicla company, what chances I hold to shift as Business Development Manager (thru CMM)? And chances to shift into FMCG companies?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
gimbastudent
@gimbastudent  ·  0 karma

The reason why I am posting my views here is not to give a negative or positive outlook for SPJ GMBA course. My objective is to let aspirants aware of the situation they might/will face during or after this course when it comes to placement; So, before taking a loan of 20-25 lakhs, before taking a risk of leaving a settled job or career, they can carefully assess what they are getting into and take calculated risks. I would not post placement figures on public forums, and suggest you to connect with the recently graduated students of the respective streams on linkedin and facebook. You can ask them details one-on-one, and they will surely help you in your decision making. Make sure you talk to atleast 15-20 guys and do not decide by asking one or two folks.

Okay if i come to your query, my point here was to make GMBA aspirants aware that career switch is possible after this course; however, not necessary always. It depends on many variables such as how many students are there with similar background and similar aspirations(meaning your competition), how many companies come for recruitment who are okay to hire someone who has knowledge but no real-time (client/project) experience on the targeted role/job, how many people are currently available who have hands-on exp for their open vacancy in outside job market, and also overall the job market situation. Say for example if we are in the era of 2006-07 when job market was booming, companies need people but the job market does not have enough of them. So, the result is companies would be okay with people who have knowledge but no real time experience. Bottom line is there are chances you might get the role you are looking for, but probability varies and its not certain.
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@vaibhavkapoor21

If waiting does not get cleared do they consider our application for next batch or we will have to apply again ?

If you choose to defer the admission to September 2013, then you need not apply again. For more information, you need to write to us at the email address you have been corresponding with. You can also visit the following thread to gain more information about the same:

Ask SP Jain School of Global Management | Dubai, Singapore, Sydney: Official Admission Query Thread : GMAT Accepting B-Schools : PaGaLGuY Forums

Learn more: www.spjain.org
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...