SP Jain & ESB PGCIM-MBA

8 Posts  ·  15 Users
About this group
Dear friends, this is the official thread for the students willing to join the PGCIM program of SPJain which has a tie up with European School of Business (ESB), Reutlingen University. I am a student currently doing my final semester and am at R...
Page 1 of 1
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

You will initially get the visa for 6 months and then will get an extension to 1 year if needed. During this time. you should be concentrating on getting an internship which is paid well. In germany, it is a very good thing to get an internship and the get a job with a company. You can directly apply to jobs as well. But you should always have a balance between internships and jobs that you apply. You need to keep applying, then only will it benefit you, cause you will get many contacts and company Ids and the ESB gives you more than enough job opening contacts.
German could be made better by practising and watching movies. In India you have a rigorous course and if you practice at the same time by reading some german newspapers and watching movies or english sitcoms dubbed in german it will help you to really pick up. Just learn it like english, write down 10 new word you learn, and keep revising, I am telling you with experience, it will definitely work. Just be proactive

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

1. The need of German comes when you are applying for german companies. In case of consuting companies, it is essential but for the other companies, it is important to converse with colleagues. So before German companies take you, you need to have a basic level of German. You will have training of German in Indiaa as well as Germany. It will be useful if a lot of oractise comes from your end. The opportunities increase. The companies that come to the campus introduce themselves during the fair. Then we need to apply to them using the contacts they give. If German is good, it really impresses them.
2. The ESB is a state university. The complete program costs what is charged by the university. But a foriegn embedded program charges 7500 Euros. It is the same case if an ESB student comes to India. They are charged much higher.
3. Once you are in ESB, you have to select 5 elective subjects out of the 8 given to you. Out of the 5, 2 of mine are finance. SO it dosent focus on a particular branch of MBA.
4. The 2011 batch was the 1st batch. I feel for the 1st batch they did really well. They had a lot of difficulties but their shortcomings help us to see how we should go about certain matters. Seniors are getting placed now completely with the profile they want.
Focus on the learning (it will be immense), jobs will automatically come. Trust me

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Please tell me about the following parameters

1. As you need very good language skills - German. Then why the need for such a criteria in an International Business MBA. Also i heard all job fairs, seminars, company PPT are in German and thus chances of Indians are very less ??

2. The Fees are higher for us. Its around 7000 Euros for us for one semester in germany where the same in the full time MBA course in Germany is 4000 Euros only ??

3. Subjects are very less and mostly focussed on HR, Strategy, Marketing in EBS. Also is it easy to get the thesis ? I have heard otherwise.

I am so confused on all these factors. Please help me. I was really discouraged by a 2011 passout whom I cant name here.

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Interviews will be held during the second week of April. The applications have to be filled by March 23. All the best to you guys. Its a good opportunity.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Sorry for the late reply, but yes the placements. One thing is the placements is not how it happens in a normal PGDM program. In an International B School, one needs to apply to companies on their website and then the interview happens. When you are in Germany, the name of ESB is held very high and lot of companies put up their requirements on the ESB alumni website or come in Job fairs at the university. Also the thesis converting to a job is also high.

OK, now the placements that happened for the seniors. We have a senior getting an internship with World Bank Washington, Siemens' AG, ESTA Apparatebau GmbH & Co., Bokela GmbH, L&T; Ltd., Continental Warehousing Corporation Ltd., Grail Research, TCS, Suzlon Energy Ltd., IBM, Embitel Technologies, Frost & Sullivan, Novumed, GlobeOne Consulting, Xchanging, Mckinsey Knowledge Center, etc. The average salary of the batch (Indian) is slightly above Rs.10,00,000 p.a.Siemens is a foriegn placement with a high package and few of the companies are German in India. But if you really can pick up your german in the first 8 months of your course, there are hundreds of possibilitites. If you take an effort, german can be learnt well in 8 months. The companies that put up their requirements on the alumni website are really good.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@dreambig11

HI
It would be good if you can give some info about the placement scenario of last two batches, i mean figures such as average package, and how were the performance of people learning German/French.
SInce the course is partly conducted in India and partly in Germany/ France, does one get opportunity to join indian firms (e.g firms coming in colleges like IIFT), if not, how are the chances.

A Fish can never climb a tree, but can swim brilliantly.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear friends, this is the official thread for the students willing to join the PGCIM program of SPJain which has a tie up with European School of Business (ESB), Reutlingen University.
I am a student currently doing my final semester and am at Reutlingen. I have a fair idea of the course and I will jot down a few pointers
1. The course is 8 months in SPJain where you would be covering most of the subjects covered by the 1st year PGDM course as well as a few subjects from the 2nd year. You will also be having all important simulations.
2. The next 5 months are in Reutlingen, Germany (from March 1).
3. The professors are really good in both colleges. During the 1st 8 months you will have a few lectures from the foriegn professors as well
4. During the semester in Germany, you will have to do a masters thesis with a company. The colleges will help you at this.
5. Now learning wise, I feel the course is comprehensive. It is hectic during the 1st eight months with language sessions running parallely but it will help you surely in Germnay.
6. Concentrate well on Language. It will be a very important factor which decides is very important while applying for jobs
7. Now, my perpective to the program- It is a huge opportunity to get in touch with profiles you can dream only at top IIMs or even better. But the thing is the language as well as commitment decides that.
SPJain nor ESB is responsible for placements. We willr eceive our MBA degree from ESB. The important thing to know is in any foriegn university, there is no such placement cell where companies come and you get placed. Here job fairs take place. It is where students get a chance to interact with a number of top notch companies. Then it is up to you how you impress them. Be prepared with that. That is where German comes very handy. English also is fine to tell technical aspects but it would be of high advantage if you could converse in German. The companies that come are really good. The companies here also get a chance to know the students and then you can apply to these companies through email by sending them your resumes. Also the Masters Theses is genereally done with a company and all of you should start applying for them in india itself. If you dont have any by the time you reach Germany, the college also helps out. The theses with the company also has a fair chance of converting into a final job.
8. People from a pure engineering(Mechanical, Electrical,Metallurgy, Production, Civil, Electronics) or from commerce background with an experience in finance/marketing would really be able to maximize their experience here. But last year a senior got an internship with World Bank also who came from an IT background. So it all depends on your persistence and determination.

Let me know if any queries are there. You can write to me also on pgcim11.bestin@spjimr.org if you need to know anything.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...