SOS!!!!Plz help me ,I will be interview at Cognizant.

6 Posts  ·  36 Users
About this group
I am from Shanghai China ,Cognizant just established in Shanghai China Called me to interview today for VB, VB.NET. How can I prepare it ? Can you give me some information for the write test?I should pass it first! thank you and best regards! ...
Page 1 of 1

Cognizant is a cool company......! I've heard dat dey a giving 3.21 lakh/annum package to d freshers...... dats a quite good1.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

qms_99,Psychodementia,convolutedsignal,thank you for suggestion .I will prepare for the second stage interview,and be told to communication with Indian , I never do that.

convolutedsignal, you are right, I am Chinese ,I am from SHanghai China. Why are you doubt that? My e-mail :zhhaxi@gmail.com.

nice to meet you online!
all best regards! thank you!!

Just a doubt Nico ..are you Chinese?

The fresh out of college part was covered in the earlier post.

If they are looking at experienced hires, generally companies in India (not Cognizant specific) look at:

(1) Ability to master 1 technology - .NET, J2EE, OOAD etc.

(2) Good at writing code - C, C++ etc

(3) Understanding of a particular domain - Telecom, Banking etc.

(4) Good communication and people skills.

Due to hiring pressures company usually don't go too much for (3) and (4) though those are the qualities which help you bargain for a higher salary.

With respect to point (a) and (b) what usually happens is that they start asking you some FAQs on the topic. For example in C++ (my area) they usually end up asking the same set of questions (why virtual destructors ? Why copy constructors ? etc.). They might ask you to write code (I don't know if its feasible in .NET) to validate your point. Almost always they will give you a scenario and ask you the output AND make changes to it to give another output. In rare cases, if they are looking at someone really handson they will go to advance topics like multi-threading, IPC, Win32SDK etc.

If you have 4-5yrs experience they will ask you stuff on technology/design. Again giving a personal example, if you say OOAD, they might end up asking you stuff on UML, on various parameters/factors to consider while designing, Design patterns, tools like Rational Rose/Viso that you might have used on projects etc.

Hope this helps,

Arun

India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company: http://crackverbal.com

Cognizant normally has 2 stages of Interview in India.

1. A written test with decent aptitude questions.
Refer www.freshersworld.com for sample papers.

2. An Interview for a fresher is quite simple.
I believe VB.NET interview would have more to do with
workflows and related programming details.

Also, www.vyomworld.com is a pretty good reference.

Warm Regards,
Rajesh R

I am from Shanghai China ,Cognizant just established in Shanghai China Called me to interview today for VB, VB.NET. How can I prepare it ?
Can you give me some information for the write test?I should pass it first!
thank you and best regards!
nico