hi nidhi...here are the answers..
1. Pepsi acquired Quaker Oats (famous for Gatorade)
2. Katherine Graham
3. (a) i'm not very sure, but i think this is it
4. wheres the q?
6. (c) shut down (was a media entertainment firm)
7. none of these, it's Paul Wolfowitz. James Wolfensohn was but retired in May-05
8. MTV without any doubt
9. I think it's SBI
10. Q missing in action
12. no idea
14. none of these. It's saregama RPG
before answering ur questions...
pls note tht this is not the area u shuld be posting...
there r 100s of threads for GK...pls do search before posting
abt the answers...here i go....
5 - c
6 - d
7 - a
8 - d
11 - c
12 - d
13 - d
14 - c
affiars and gk questions....
1. Pepsico has acquired which American food and drink
company recently, which Coca Cola had also bid for but rejected
by its board?
(a) Kellogg's b) Quaker Oats c) Cadbury Schweppes d) General
2. Who became the first woman to head a Fortune 500 company
(The Washington Post) after her husband's death?
a) Linda Goodman b) Nancy Eldridge c) Katherine Graham d)
3. Which of the following figures is nearest to the Non-
Performing Assets (NPAs) of banks in 1999-2000?
a) Rs. 52,000 crore b) Rs. 46,000 crore c) Rs. 67,000 crore d)
Rs. 75,000 crore
5. Match the following top four Bangalore's businessmen with
the companies they own: I. Narayan Murthy i) Infosys II. Azim
Premji ii) Kids Kemp III. Vijay Mallaya iii) Wipro IV. Ravi Melwani
iv) UB group a) I-i, II-ii, III-iii, IV-iv b) I-i, II-iii, III-ii, IV-iv c) I-i,
iv, IV-ii d) I-i, II-iv, III-iii, IV-ii
6. Why was the website, "Wahindia.com" in the news recently?
a) it launched a new service b) it laid off some of its employees
c) it announced its closure d) it decided to become an ISP
7. Who, among the following, is the President of the World Bank?
a) James Wolfensohn b) Michael Camadeuss c) Michael
Bonsignore d) Robert Bishop
8. Which television channel has started `Kaun Banega Kangal'
as a spoof of `Kaun Banega Crorepati?' a) Start TV b) Sony TV c)
Channel V d) MTV
9. Which of the following banks has launched credit card co-
branded with HSBC?
a) SBI b) PNB c) Bank of Baroda d) Canara Bank
11) Which company uses the punchline "Applying thought"?
a) LML b) IBM c) Wipro d) Compaq
12) Name the company formed by film star Shah Rukh Khan for
a variety of business interests?
a) SRK.com b) Shah Rukh &; Co. c) SRKWORLD d) Dreamz
13) Who, among the following, has been selected as
`Businessman of the year 2000' by Business India magazine?
a) Narayan Murthy b) Azim Premji c) Mukesh Armbani d)
14) Which company has launched personalised CDs under the
brand "Hamara CD"?
a) Polydor b) EMI c) HMV d) GPI
15) Which advertising agency has created the advertisements for
a) O &; M b) HTA c) Rubecon d) Euro RSCG