SNAP 2012: Views on the 7 QA-DI case questions (Income, PF, expenses etc)

30 Posts  ·  11 Users
About this group
Hey Guys, Firstly, mine is a new profile, that I created just for this post. So please don't pass it off as a fake one moderators. How many of you all think that this question was highly ambiguous? I mean wasn't the data they shared wi...
Page 1 of 3
@DeeBee1 said:
Hey Guys,Firstly, mine is a new profile, that I created just for this post. So please don't pass it off as a fake one moderators.How many of you all think that this question was highly ambiguous? I mean wasn't the data they shared with us insufficient? There was no mention of what PF was being deducted out of? More importantly, it was not mentioned the take home salary=expenses.I actually did all 33 in QA and left these 7 on purpose. Please share your views here.
I attempted all 40 :P
Also the only wrong quest: variance wala ;)

The thing is...when u r not sure about what to do you should go by options. I checked opts for basic only and basic+20% as well for all questions. 'Basic' was satisfying all of them whereas 'basic+20%' wasn't. We had enough time to do these extra calculations. Last yr was a blunder, it seems Symbi has learnt a lot from it and there weren't ambiguous quest this yr. So chill...wait for the results. This is my opinion, just wanted to share what I felt :)
http://www.facebook.com/mandar.rody
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

great bro!

SPJIMR | Finance | 2015 | Admissions Committee | Happy to H elp
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@DeeBee1 said:
guys, i hope all of you have sent mails onsymbitest@siu.edu.in and info@snaptest.org.Cheers!
i did...
To infinity and beyond
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Nope... 😛

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

guys, i hope all of you have sent mails on symbitest@siu.edu.in and info@snaptest.org.

Cheers!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

yes, i agree that that question could have been solved making a lot of assumptions. but tell me, as future managers should we be making decisions based on assumptions or facts?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

even if one could have arrived at the final amount after including PF and all...how can we conclude that the entire income as expenditure...???

life is like photography, use 'negatives' to develop..!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I read the entire question and spend 2 minutes of time... I felt ambiguity with the question, if I wanted I could have solved the question but I didnt wanted to take the risk of getting -ve marks and left it.... but later on, after coming out, I realized tht ppl have solved it by assumptions....and taking entire income as expenditure...!!! I regret my decision to leave... I dont think snap guys will listen our pain call....!!

life is like photography, use 'negatives' to develop..!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@crypticillusion If you would have asked me that question out of exam hall, I would have told you that it is 500. But, since this was asked in question paper I can say that it really lacked the information. Still, I am unable to figure out the basis of that set of question.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Anuja.J good point.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...