Smeal College of Business, Pennsylvania State University - Fall 2014 Admissions

36 Posts  ·  35 Users
About this group
Dear Prospective Students,This is an official blog of Smeal College Of Business at Pennsylvania State University.I am Vibhor Kharbanda. I'm a second year student and admissions department representative for Smeal College Of Business. I will be...
Page 1 of 4

Hello Everyone, I m Praveen.. I have decided to join Smeal this fall.. Is there any social group on fb /

linkedin for the admitted students - class 2016?? plz do reply ASAP... Thanks

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Everyone,

For all the admitted students, be it Smeal or other colleges in the US, here is a link that will surely help you get started.
This series of videos has been prepared by students of SMEAL MBA class of 2014.
Jyotinder Singh and Pushkal Kumar.
Hope this is helpful.
All the best and we are looking forward to meeting you.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Is there any separate thread for admitted students??? I am going to join smeal this fall, would be happy to interact with my future classmates. You can send me a pm.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@smealmba

Hi,

I got a Wait list mail last week. What are the chances of converting a waitlist to an admit? any statistics regarding this from past years? Since Smeal is my dream school, i'm eagerly looking forward to a final decision.

Regards,

Meril

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Got an Admit today. Yet to get an official mail from AdCom. (Global Immersion week) Guys normally how many days it takes for scholarship decisions including GA etc to be declared after the admit ?

16 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi to all admitted students and all the best to candidates interviewed or yet to be interviewed. I needed to know about the interview experience with smeal. Anything specific to prepare? It would be great if people who had their interviews share their experience here. would be a great gesture!!!

thanks in advance!!

ISB Co2015
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Everyone

My name is Rohit. I have recieved a GA from Smeal and would be joining the Class of 2016 this fall. I also have admits from 5 other schools but Smeal surely is the best optiion. Please let me know if anyone else has decided to join the coming batch.

For people kept in waitlist for the scholarship award, I too was kept in the waitlist but then they awarded a two year GA.:)

9 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Vibhor,

I am Shilpa and I have applied to Smeal on the 10 Jan(id#914371455) and I am yet to give my TOEFL(Scheduled on Feb 22). I got in touch with Scott, the adcom director and he said that the chances of my admission will be slightly affected(in his words, "It will not diminish your chances significantly, but I wanted to make you aware of the consequences of an exam being delivered so late after the deadline"). So, do I expect to not receive any interview call from Smeal until the TOEFL score is sent? I just want to keep my expectations to the minimum.

Brief of my profile
GMAT: 680
WorkEx: 4 years til June ,2014
Decent grad score and I think my extra curriculars, recommendations and essays are pretty strong

5 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Got an interview invite from Smeal today!!😁😁😁 anyone else received and scheduled the interview?

ISB Co2015
6 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Puys - I am fortunate to have a choice between WP Carey and Smeal, what would you recommend? Both offering same financial packages, Supply chain rankings are similar and similar target companies as well.

Current students - Feel free to pitch in!

3 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...