Smeal College of Business - Fall 2011 Admissions

252 Posts  ·  38 Users
About this group
[IMG]http://www.smeal.psu.edu/smeal-college-of-business/++resource++smeal.wwwtheme2.images/logo.jpg[/IMG] Hello Prospective MBA Students, Thank you for considering the Smeal MBA Program. My name is Varun Verma and I am a 1st year M...
Page 1 of 26

Hi,

I am planning to apply for the PREP program at pennstate. I am in the final year of graduation. Can you give me some information about this program as the site does not seem to cover it in much detail.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

no this is last year'/s thread, get outta here

search smeal 2012

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

AM I!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Btw I hope I'm onthe rt thread n ders no other thread running for fall 12??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Varun n Mehul!
Thanks for being thr to help out.
On my essays. Hoping to submit my appli by the 1st deadline.. I'm particular about applying early hoping for $chols. So wish to know how schol frndly is smeal.

MyProfile:
GMAT: 720
Exp: 4 yrs( IT :banghead: )
Undergrad: 7.4/10
Community work: OK
Xtras: Decent

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi varun,
What kind of Roles do companies like Dell/DuPont have to offer to Smeal MBA's ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi varun

My profile-
GMAT: 650
Work Ex: 4 years and 1 month of IT Mainframe development, by August 2012
Acads: Good (10th - 83.6%, 12th - 96.3%, Engg. 78%)
Extracurricular and Community service: OK

My chances for Smeal?

Eller MBA, Class of 2014
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi varun

My profile-
GMAT: 650
Work Ex: 4 years and 1 month of IT Mainframe development, by August 2012
Acads: Good (10th - 83.6%, 12th - 96.3%, Engg. 78%)
Extracurricular and Community service: OK

My chances for Smeal?

Eller MBA, Class of 2014
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear Varun,

From what i have read about this college the mba in logistics and supply chain course sounds very interesting. I have a couple of questions and i hope you can help me out with them. But before that let me introduce myself.

i have done my undergrad in mechanical engineering from University of Pune, India, with a CGPA of around 8.6/10 (final year-2009). Then i worked with a manufacturing firm called Forbes Marshall Pvt. Ltd. as an engineer marketing for a year. In the one year that i was there, i learnt a lot about the corporate culture, efficient supply chain processes etc. Since then i have been working in our family business. We are a reputed road transport company (more than 65 years old). Somehow the company has not changed with times and it is still run in an old fashioned way. This is where i come in. I have now been working full time in the business and have higher aspirations, but lack the knowledge and the tools required to diversify the business into allied fields of logistics and warehousing, and take it to the next level. Hence i have been looking for an mba course which will focus on logistics and supply chain. i need the knowledge more than the degree.

i have gone through the website, but still had a few questions.

1. how well suited am i for the course?

2. Will this course provide me with what i am looking for?

3.What kind of international exposure does the course offer? Do they cover real time case studies and how relevant will they be for indian scenarios?

4. What kind of GMAT scores should i be looking at, considering my profile?

5. Although i feel that 2012 would be ideal for me to join, by when i will finish 3 years of full time work experience, what do you suggest?

Looking forward to your reply.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

Can i request all guys with GA to share their profiles please. Do u guys have international work ex too? does that matter in awarding GAs or scholarships?

Please reply asap. An aspirant with schulich offer in hand and thinking about US next year.

Also, guys what is the job scenario post any good mba in US? U guys aware in detail? For how long can a person stretch his/her stay in US?

OPT (12 months) + 1 year (to file H1) + 17 (again to file H1..last warning).

Is this correct information i have? Kindly confirm.

Profile: 730/5.5 : 3 yr 3 months IT, 8 months family business. Acads good, extra curricuar: mainly in sports..no international work ex.

would look forward to a reply.

thanks a lot.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...