SJMSOM-IIT Bombay 2006 GD/PI calls,discussion...

240 Posts  ·  72 Users
About this group
Guys the GD/PI calls are out! http://www.som.iitb.ac.in/result/result.htm I'm through Rank: 145 %ile: 99.12 WorkEx: 2.5 Years ATB to everyone.:grab:
Page 1 of 24
seniors,
any idea when the final calls will b out. desperately waiting for that to make a final decision. wanna lose as less paisa as possible!!

dude the results shud be out tonight or by tommrow latest.. some ppl hav already seen their results by a link not on the website. now the link has been blocked. it will sonn be out officially

cheers
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

seniors,
any idea when the final calls will b out. desperately waiting for that to make a final decision. wanna lose as less paisa as possible!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi pookha,
bhaskar here (112553).. was there on the panel on sat morn 9-12 on panel 3 which u were handling..
i submitted all the necessay xeroxes.. but i think ive missed my work exp xerox.. if it is necessary pl let me know so that i can send it across now..
thnx in advance..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi All
Please post ur GD PI experience with your profile as well ..
need to confirm the following:
1) Are they asking a lot of tech questions to ppl with decent work ex ?
By tech - I mean questions on Engineering !!
In the VGOM interview, there were hardly any tech questions .. But in the DMS IIT Delhi interview .. many were grilled on tech .. So need to find out the trend in this ..
2) What type of questions on statistics are being asked ?
3) What type of general awareness questions are being asked ?

4) Are they looking at the SOP/form carefully and asking questions on that ?
Guys who have had their GD PIs today .. Please do post their experiences asap, so that it can be of help to ppl having it in the next few days.
Regards
Ramesh
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi friends
anyone on JET AIR , Bangalore to Mumbai on monday morning,8 A.M i.e on 27th Feb please PM me.

Deepak

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all,
Had my GD/PI today.

In total there were 48 people .Divided into 4 groups.All the four had the same GD topic.
Once GD was done ,same panel took the interview.

GD would last for 25 mins.5 mins for Jolting down points and 20 mins for discussion.

Case study :Some HR related one.A law frim has branches in delhi and bangalore.Top most in the country.Good profits,Recently they have witnessed that attrition among young people has been more.When they asked four senior managers in Bangalore the senior managers cited four reasons as
1)No HR department
2)Training was outdated
3)even though proper apprisal was based people left as they felt they are not recognised properly (smnthg.....)

Encorporation of hr Departmnet proposal from Bangalore centre had been rejected once by delhi mgmt.
After the above paragraph 3 questions were followed which we had to discuss..

1)Is there a need of HR department?if so what should be its role.
2)How would you sell the idea of starting a HR depart to dehi mgmt
3)what should be the hierarchial struct of the Organisation.

PI :Generally each PI lasted for 20-25 mins.Questions on Statistics like regression,Co-relation ,Matrices etc were asked.And also on General and current affairs.

In panel 2 there is a Statistics prof......so all the guys had predominantly questions on statistics..Rest had relatively few Questions.

All the best Guys

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey,

anybody in the 27th morning 9 am slot?? am going to mumbai on 26th..

ATB to others

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
RumblingThunder Says
ATB to all PG junta...I hope to meet PG seniors at SJMSOM...

I'll be there on 25th and 26th afternoons 😃
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Muralidhar Says
All the best to those attending GD/PI. Is the attestment of the copies mandatory? I think any way we will be having our originals.

ATB to all PG junta...I hope to meet PG seniors at SJMSOM...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...