Singapore Management University (SMU) - Masters in Management (MM)

47 Posts  ·  1,798 Users
About this group
Singapore Management University (SMU) launches Masters in Management (MM) Programme. This 1 year programme is specifically designed for people with 0 to 2 years of work experience who aspire for good quality management education.
Page 1 of 5

Hello 

I am Aishwarya from NIT Warangal

Btech: Biotechnology 

Batch : 2016-2020 

Cgpa so far : 7.55

GRE : 311

IELTS : 8

Internships:

1) Research Intern , Indian Institute of Management , Kozhikode ( 2 months ) -2019

2) Intern , Strarts ( Startup in hyderabad) - maintained the social media platforms of the startup , generated leads for the startup's first ever show - 2018

3) Aurobindo pharma - research intern ( related to biotech) - 2018

4)Dr.Reddy's - summer trainee ( related to biotech ) -2017

I realised that my interest lies in management , so switched towards that side after second biotech internship.

Extra-curricular activities -

1) General Secretary - Technical Association of Biotechnoloy , NIT Warangal (2019-present)

2) Member - Business Club , NIT Warangal (2017-2019)

3)Joint Secretary - Technical Association of Biotechnolog , NITW ( 2018)

4) Sub Coordinator - Event conduction and coordination team , Spring Spree 2019 ( Annual cultural Fest of NITW )

5) Sub Coordinator - Event Conduction and coordination team , Technozion 2018 ( Annual Technical fest of NITW )

6) Event Manager of an event named Biomimicry , Technozion 2017

7) Volunteer ( event management ) - World space week , NIT Warangal 2017

other activities :

1) Secured 1st position in Strategy Storm , a social business case study competition organised by E-cell , IIT Guwahati 2019

2) Participated in many case study competitions across India and qualified to the final rounds of few of them.

Volunteering:

Teacher Assistant at Nachiketa Tapovan, Jubilee Hills , hyderabad ( 15 days ) - december 2018

can somebody evaluate my profile for HEC , LBS , IE business school , Bocconi , CMS , Frankfurt , Eu business school, St.gallen's , Essade , Edhec ,UTD , Duke ?

I am aiming for masters in management 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello,

I need help with profile evaluation. Am seeking MiM.

10th,12th, Btech, GMAT: 90%, 80%, 62%, 710

Age 25

Two research papers in international journals

Bronze medal in swimming at state-level

Leadership roles at university-level fests 

13 months  experience with a marketing agency in Kathmandu, dealing with medium and small entreprises, and helping them with digital and conventional marketing solutions: from designing the campaign to launching it and nurturing leads. 

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
SMU_Singapore
@SMU_SingaporeSMU Singapore  ·  154 karma

@RVermaMMMGKP Please email me your CV for suitability assessment. I will PM you my email id. thanks.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Abhyank.Srinet
@Abhyank.Srinet  ·  31 karma

Hey,

You have a fair overall profile. 

• Your undergrad score is below par for a top school, but it is compensated for by a good GMAT score. Your application needs to be further strengthened with a good overall application, with stellar essays and glowing recommendations, and you have a decent chance of making it to a good school!
  • Make sure to highlight important aspects of your work which showcase your abilities which the schools are looking for. Also do some research on what qualities your target b-schools look for in an applicant.
  • You have good work-ex of 1 yr, which will add value to your application. MiM applicants usually have 0-2 years of work experience, so you are right in the middle of the range. A few schools you can target are HEC Paris, LBS, ESCP Europe and ESSEC. Although highly competitive schools, your good GMAT score, combined with your decent extracurricular activities and research papers published give you a fair chance of making it. YOU need to ensure that your application is holistic and well-made, and especially, your essays will play a major role in determining whether you are the right fit for the school. 

TO know how we have helped many other students like you get into LBS, HEC Paris, ESSEC, ESCP Europe and other top b-schools, check out www.mim-essay.com 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@SMU_Singapore

Hey. Im Rohan.

I wanna pursue MS in management for 2019.

My scoresheet. 10th - 95,  12th - 91, BE - 8.11/10

I've planned to take up GMAT in the month of November.

Please help me out in guiding me.

I need to know the scores to be scored to get a seat.

If you could contact me I'd be grateful.

Thank you.

Rohans
1 comment
Abhyank.Srinet

Hey,

SMU is one of the top target schools for students looking to get an MiM degree, has an intensive curriculum covering a comprehensive range of business and management topics, thus preparing students for a broad variety of careers in the business world. They look for a holistic profile, with everything that you have done until now counting towards your candidature. According to their mission and vision statement, they look for people who work well as collaborative leaders, are socially responsible and have an inclination towards welfare, and as required at any b-school, innovative. 

A median GMAT score of 650 is reflected in their class profile, but a 670+ score should be targeted to get a competitive advantage. You can also choose to not give the GMAT and give their own entrance test instead, the SMU Admissions Test. 

You can get a comprehensive profile evaluation at this link, giving you an idea of the schools that you can target- https://www.mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation?pgg

YOu can also get a better idea of the program and the university, by reading this SMU blog- https://www.mim-essay.com/smu-mim-review/

The round 2 deadline for the July intake is 31st March, so get cracking on your application, if you haven’t yet! 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi there everyone 

I am Gaurav and i have been admitted in to the masters programme in SMU for the July intake. I would like to connect with the students of the masters programme to schedule my accomodation. 

Thanks 

Best Accomodation Around the University ?
Best ways to explore Singapore
1 like3 comments12 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

Srishti Chawla @Canary_srishti A career adviser with 5 years of experience,
counselled and guided over 400 students for study abroad. Her
specializations include in-depth counselling, course selection and
application process for best country and university they are suited
for. Please feel free to ask your study abroad related queries. 

1 comment
anandgoyal
@anandgoyal  ·  1 karma

Plz share ur reviews on smu mm prog and what are the employment oppurtunities in singapore after doing this prog

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi @SMU_Singapore ,i m currently studying btech (2nd year). but for my higher studies i want to join SMU.kindly suggest what do i need to do or qualify in forth coming time to get admission in SMU

1 comment
Abhyank.Srinet

Hello, @simmisimran50

Apart from having good CGPA, we would advise you to take part in lots of extracurricular activities and develop your extracurricular profile as well. Additionally, we would also encourage you to give GMAT and get a score above 650 to stand a certain chance of getting into SMU with a chance of getting a scholarship as well.

Apart from that SMU has lots of degrees, specialized masters as well as an MBA.

If you want specific advice on any particular programme you can reach out to us by scheduling  an appointment here:

https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appointment-form/?pgg

You can also read more about the school on our review page.

https://www.mim-essay.com/smu-mim-review/

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All, you can now follow the below menntioned thread for Master and MBA - 2017 admissions in SMU:

https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/singapore-management-university-smu-25034676

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi @SMU_Singapore I have completed my Masters of science in software Engineering with an aggregate of 7.9(10) CGPA Vellore Institute of Technology(VIT University) and i have 33 months of work Experience in American International Group(27 months) as Data Analyst and in TATA CMC(6 months). I am now looking to pursue 1 year MBA program from SMU. I have an GRE score of 296. Can you please evaluate my profile for the admission process.

Regards.

Sankeeerth

thatikonda.sankeerth@gmail.com

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi @SMU_Singapore , I have completed my Bachelors degree with an aggregate 66% and I'm interested in the MSc in Applied Finance course. I don't have any work experience and I'm preparing for GMAT. Can you help me out with the minimum GMAT score required to fulfil the admission criteria for the course? 

1 comment
SMU_Singapore
@SMU_SingaporeSMU Singapore  ·  154 karma

@ayush040595 try and get at least 600 on GMAT. MAF is open to freshers, so lack of work exp is not an issue. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi everyone,

I have created a group for post-GMAT preparations for Kolkata-ites. Join the group to discuss all your GMAT related queries as well as Essay and PI based discussions. 

Looking forward to your contribution.

https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/gmat-kolkata-2017-18-aspirants-46125818

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...