Singapore management University MQF

22 Posts  ·  11 Users
About this group
Please tell how is the MSc in quantitative finance course at SMU singapore..I got an admit call for the same
Page 1 of 3

Hi

I got an interview call from SMU MQF. Can you please guide as to prepare for an interview with SMU?
Guide as to interview preparation at for SMU MQF?
How to prepare for SMU MQF?
2 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

MQF Video on YouTube...

http://smu.edu.sg/programmes/postgraduate
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@nr_jain2001 : Did you get the information that you were looking for?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Everyone,

This is the official Id for SMU Post Graduate Programmes. Feel free to ask me any questions that you may have on the MQF program.

Thanks.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
fewkb Says
Dropped you a PM.

Can you also please share the info with me.
My id is arsh.arafaat@gmail.com
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thats great piece of information. Thanks for sharing :)

There's no placement stats for MQF yet because it's in its first year. I can shed more light on SMU's career services as an undergraduate student. Among three main universities in Singapore, SMU has the best connections and placement statistics in the finance industry. Many reasons for that - It's primarily a business school, located near CBD, large percentage of business students majored in finance etc.

In the recent employment stats for graduates, you will see that SMU students have the highest employment rates and starting pay compared to NUS and NTU. Of course, this is not entirely because of the career servics office but it contributes.

I know this doesn't really answer your question but I hope this steers you towards one.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

There's no placement stats for MQF yet because it's in its first year. I can shed more light on SMU's career services as an undergraduate student. Among three main universities in Singapore, SMU has the best connections and placement statistics in the finance industry. Many reasons for that - It's primarily a business school, located near CBD, large percentage of business students majored in finance etc.

In the recent employment stats for graduates, you will see that SMU students have the highest employment rates and starting pay compared to NUS and NTU. Of course, this is not entirely because of the career servics office but it contributes.

I know this doesn't really answer your question but I hope this steers you towards one.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Okey . The main concern here that every applicant will have is career prospects after graduation. an information on career services of SMU will be helpful.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

SMU does not offer any scholarships. The Monetary Authority of Singapore has the Finance Scholarship Programme, but that's only extended to Singapore citizens and PR.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

@fewkb - Dropped u PM. Do you know if there is availability of scholarships for this program?
@ShivankS - Can you share your views on funding .

Thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...