SIM Pune ( Mr Pillai's New institute ) POst ur viewssss

33 Posts  ·  20 Users
About this group
:: guys read onn Subject: Information for MBA Admission from Prof M.S. Pillai Sent: Monday, May 31, 2004 4:18:14 PM Dear MBA aspirant, This is for your information incase you haven't got into a management institute ...
Page 1 of 4
ravinkapadia Says
kuchh nahi ..chill maro .aur kya??????????:drinking::drinking:

You take a chill pill and stop bumping up old threads and converting this thread into an orkut scrapbook !! Be Advised !
|| Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity ||
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

kuchh nahi ..chill maro .aur kya??????????:drinking::drinking:

ravinkapadia Says
BOL DIYA???

Haan,BOLA....TOH????
Doods!!!!
the posts on this thread are over a yr old.
u guys should have atleast seen the dates b4 giving ur gyan.

BOL DIYA???
ravinkapadia Says
I agree.One man like Pillai Sir can definetely change the world.Ask all those who have studied under the hands of pillai sir.you will come to know about it.

Symbiosis SUCKS big time
all institutes under this brand name is bogus
BS- look at the candidates they pick as students
al crap
jus money making machines
Fools.

Your truely
Masala Dosa ..... wanna some?

Doods!!!!
the posts on this thread are over a yr old.
u guys should have atleast seen the dates b4 giving ur gyan.

Symbiosis SUCKS big time
all institutes under this brand name is bogus
BS- look at the candidates they pick as students
al crap
jus money making machines
Fools.

Your truely
Masala Dosa ..... wanna some?

I agree.One man like Pillai Sir can definetely change the world.Ask all those who have studied under the hands of pillai sir.you will come to know about it.

Hi guys
Read an array of view points about SCMHRD SCMLD and Proff. Pillai
And was amazed to observe that none of them were from people who personally know either of them.
Being a pass out from SCMHRD very recently, i felt a strong urge to reply to the thread.
I have studied and worked under Proff. Pillai seen the SCMHRD and now keenly following developments in SCMLD too and would like to an unbiased opinion as far as I can

Proff. Pillai, (MSP) as we used to call him is a man of great commitment, very strong personal ideologies and belief in Ethics and values he strives to make the students better, efficient, well charactored human beings first and managers later this explains his belief in Yoga, Pranayam, Vipasana etc..
Trust me all these things work to an extent At first I was also skeptical about these things and found them too stupid to be incorporated in a B-School curriculum but at the end of 2 years the difference showed on the faces of the students

It is beyond doubt that SCMHRD was the making of MSP only the institute started ina small room in the premises of an another Symbiosis Institute fro where it grew to the current heights only because of the Dedication of one man MSP.. no team no advertisement nothing.. only him and the students

It is the effect of that dedication only that the students of those times treat him as a Father figure
Even we people are amazed tat the speed at which he has built the institute 2 months is really a short time and all this has been possible because the students of those times who are at considerably good positions in the corporate world today, have come forward with all the help they can they have helped in terms of
1.Finances
2.Infrastructure building
3.Sourcing of Faculty, staff, and guest lecturesetc..
4.Assurance of help in placements.

So much is the aura of MSP that most of the staff working under him in SCMHRD has left and joined SCMLD with him

In Pune local people used to believe that SCMHRD is MSPs college it was very confusing for them as to how he left his own college and started a new one this just brings forward the association between him and SCMHRD.

To my opinion, though SCMLD is a new institution, it has come up very well in terms of infrastructure and facilities MSP is working very hard to bring it up (Weve seen him working for 72 hrs at a stretch, and dragging us along). So guys never question his commitment and the future of SCMLD.

Further more, its really an experience to study under him
For SCMHRD we used to say.. The journey is the reward

Hi Slazenger,

A very insightful post. We could almost sense your pain. I am sure this is helpful for anyone who wishes to apply here.

Believe me I have been in an insti which was 1/2 as strict during my PG days (DDIT Nadiad if anyone knows) and I know the trouble. When I look back all I can see is pain getting up each morning to go to college. As I have stated before, academic performance has negligible bearing on what you do in your professional life.

Arun

India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company: http://crackverbal.com

Hi guys,

just came across this disc. board...browsed thru the messages ... and i felt i shud help u guys out there with my experience at scmhrd. Introducing myself, Im from the 2004 passout batch of scmhrd (yes, prof pillai's last batch)...we have the rare distinction of being convocated out of the institute along with our founder director. jokes apart, the director was ousted quite unceremoniously from the institute. And all the students felt for him when it happened.

One thing I can assure you, noone from scmhrd, (at least my batch) will ever recommend another person to join scmhrd without a sense of guilt. If u look at the institute from outside, its gr8, placements are quite good, the crowd is quite competent and knowledgable, faculty is not gr8 but i would say better than most places, and the practices (yoga, pranayama, etc ) are all very good....This is the outsider view. Now on the inside - to plainly put it : its all farcical.

No discussion on scmhrd is complete without prof. pillai (baap, as we affectionately call him). Because for the plain reason that the institute is his vision, and he has been there from its inception to where it is now. in 10 years flat...its left all other symbi institutes behind...thats quite a remarkable achievement.

I have interacted and worked with the director quite closely for the 2 years i was in the campus, even when he was thrown out by the management of symbiosis on that eventful april day afternoon, I was waiting outside his cabin. So I think I have understood this man in a very thorough way. The man is eccentric (some people may say crazy).

The experiences my batch went through these 2 years have been terrible. The man simply tortured us with his rules. Now you can claim that it makes u tough in the corporate world and all that....but I dont agree. The man can impress u if u give him 10 mins. But u spend an hour with the man, and you will see he's full of shit. and im not kidding. I can quote a hundred examples, real life incidents that happened on campus, which none will believe can happen in a so called "reputed" A+ b-school.
During the intiial phases, people revolted against the mindless rules, only to be blacklisted and their opinions thrashed to the ground. No voice/opinion here. Its pure dictatorship. he tells u, you obey, no logic, reasoning , no nothing.

After the first year, people resolve to their fate and just want to get out of the place (since their money and one year has already been invested) some couldnt even stand it and left the place. Placements come by and that is the only silver lining. you have opportunities to get into some good companies, but the question is whether you are willing to go through all this just for a job...thats a personal choice. Im placed in an IT company. Im happy with my job and Im thankful to my alma mater for that. But that doesnt change the truth about the 2 years i spent there.
I hope the new director brings in some new ideas and keeps the growth going and is more practical in his approach.

As for SCMLD, all i can say is that the man is capable of bringing it into the top league in a decade or so, but the system will be the same. Joining in the initial 2-3 years can be a risk.

I hope i have been able to paint the most truthful picture about the place.

regds,