Should I opt for MBA?

5 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
I finished my Bachelors of Business Administration last year and have been working in a back since then. I wish to do MBA now and most probably from abroad. I did some research and found out that many European countries have good B schools. I need...
Page 1 of 1

Hello,

The Global MBA's Career Services are very active in making sure students have regular interaction with the business community at large. Examples of company visits from the past include: Apple, Microsoft, Unilever, Accenture, Sodexo, GDF Suez, EDF, McKinsey, Bouyges. amazon, Total, IBM, L'Oréal, LVMH, Microsoft etc. You can see more companies and details at: http://www.essec.edu/programs/mba-programs/global-mba/careers.html.

The course duration is one year, we start in September and we have 2 academic periods (three months each one) for mandatory courses and finally one academic period for Electives (April to June). You can see the details in the following link: http://www.essec.edu/programs/mba-programs/global-mba/program/structure.html

There are a variety of Associations in ESSEC, in addition to providing opportunities to have fun with friends, ESSEC's student associations also prepare you for future professional responsibilities. In my case this year I decided to participate in the HULT competition, where we are creating a sustainable social enterprise that will guarantee food security in the Urban Slums of the developing countries. Our team qualified for the regional finals in Dubai next month.

In case you have some doubts or want more details about the Global MBA at ESSEC, please do not hesitate to contact me through this forum.

Leonardo Banegas

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thank You guys for the reply. Looking forward to doing MBA from Europe. Still doing a bit research and will then decide which B school should I go to.

Also I need more information about ESSEC
1. Which companies come for campus placements?
2. What is the course duration of a full time MBA and how many semesters?
3. What kind of extra curricular activities are provided?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

MBA is a very good option as it increases your accountability to a great extent. If you do it from a good institute, your value increases even more because you gain top class knowledge. The above reply by @MBAEurope explains why Europe is a good option to pursue MBA from.
Europe houses some of the finest B schools the world has, ESSEC is one of them. Have got many positive feed backs about it.
You have many options to choose from in Europe.
All the best and hope your fare well! :)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hello, I am a current Global MBA student at ESSEC Business School and I can totally recommend you the school. Everyone knows about the prestige of ESSEC in France and Europe.

One year ago, I was your same position doing research of European Business Schools. In my personal opinion ESSEC is one of the most international MBA and the one that have a great value for money. This year we will spend more than one month in Singapore, then I will visit Dubai, Germany, South Africa and another emerging, where we will do a consulting project. As you can see the Global MBA is really €œGlobal €?. The batch small size (less than 40) and diversity (around 14 nationalities) really adds an additional value, since you learn more from your classmates everyday in the team work.

You should consider your network after your MBA around the world, and ESSEC has one of the biggest Alumni networks in the Europe (over 42,000) who are helpful. They help you if you contact them. The quality of faculty is another important asset of the program, we have had professors from Harvard, Insead, etc. and from a range of different nationalities (Germany, Belgium, Turkey, India, Chile, France, Italy, Spain, etc.)

Finally, you should evaluate the career services of the MBA. In ESSEC the career services are quite personalized and start to work with you since the first week of the program. The career development is very dynamic; we have different kind of career activities every week such as building our elevator-pitch, mentoring program with a senior professionals in the industry of your interest, preparation of our CV and cover letters, video CV, company treks in Paris, career fairs, etc.

If you want to see more details about the program visit: http://www.essec.edu/programs/mba-programs/global-mba.html

In case you have some doubts or want more details about the Global MBA at ESSEC, please do not hesitate to contact me through this forum.

Leonardo Banegas

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I finished my Bachelors of Business Administration last year and have been working in a back since then. I wish to do MBA now and most probably from abroad. I did some research and found out that many European countries have good B schools. I need suggestions about good B schools in Europe and also details about them If possible.
Any kind of help is welcomed. 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...