Should i join NITIE with 2 yrs wor-ex at Infy??

11 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
Hi All I am in deep dilemna.I have a fianl call from NITIE and MDI and have not been able to make it to any of the IIMs(though had a call from L and I my percentile is a low of 97.99 :: ,had a smashing interview/GD at I).I have 2 yrs of prior...
Page 1 of 2

I feel u should join NITIE. The PGDIM program reputation has gone up like anything even competing with IIMs.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Join it man...
2 reasons - NITIE is a good institute and 2 yrs Work-Ex is abt the best time u can chose to leave and pursue an MBA.
I am sure u will find a lot of S/W professionals there with 2 or more years Work Ex and many might be from Infy itself ( is there any B-School where Infoscions are not in huge nos.... )...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Honestly speaking .. join MDI if u r thinking for a career in Marketing. Join NITIE if you are thinking for a career in Operations/Manufacturing.
NITIE is the best instt in the country for operations/manfg.. it's the only instt in the country that brought the concept of SCM ( Supply Chain Management ) in the country.
Going by salaries.. the highets salary offered at NITIE this year was 15 lacs surpassing that of IIM A&B; and C.
I hope u end up taking the right decision..

Best of Luck!

Anupam.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

join it
NITIE gives u a lot of value addition which one realises after 2 yrs

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Join it man...NITIE is definately worth joining...
Its only for engs, and profile of students is gr8...

i will not suggest you to wait for one more year...u never know, no one can be sure of cracking it the next year...and NITIE is at par with any good b-school...so join it man...all the best

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi People,
Please give ur suggestions/advice as to whether shud opt or not, the last date for payment is 21st May....
In distress
Amobrosia79

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Ambrosia,

Yes I think its worth it caz ur entire profile changes.
U can become a Consultant or a Business Analyst , which u cant becum thru Infy.
And if u work hard enuf (and also lucky enuf ) u mite get into E&Y;,Triniti,Intel,CS etc.

--Mandar

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey!! Nicely coded Answer, the last one. Well, I'll tell u the work-ex(only IT) of the present batch in NITIE:
Cisco(2yrs)
C-DoT(2yrs this guy had calls from Lucent too)
Wipro (2-3 guys with 2-4.5 yrs)
Infy( 5-6 guys with 1-3.5 yrs )
TCS (2-3 guys 1-2 yrs)
Solitaire
CMC
.... Do not remember some of them... I hope the historic data helps in decision making..
Enjoy

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

But do u think Mandar that NITIE is worth joining after 2 yrs of work-ex..i mean you are from Bbay so may have better perspective of things related to NITIE 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Ambrosia,

if( u r thinking of joining or continuing Infy)
{
I think u shud go for it.
Me in Mastek Ltd.
Got 3 offers from Infy (April03,Sep03,May04), but never joined.

I dont think Infy has any good projects.
And also half the world is in Infy(including BSc IT guys)... so no advantage of being in Infy.
}

if( if thinking of trying next year and NITIE)
{
you yourself are the best judge whether you can surely make it next year.
}

--Mandar

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...