Should i drop one more year for mba preparation

5 Posts  ·  9 Users
About this group
i have completed my graduation in 2011. after that i took a gap pf 1 year to prepare for mba. but i did not get very good colleges. i am thinking of repeating again, without work experiance. my 10th percentage was 64, 12th was 66 and graduation ...
Page 1 of 1

Hi

: to PG !

I hope that the query is resolved by the responses of fellow puys. In case any doubt still persists, please post it here http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/cat-current-job-related-dilemma-queries-25072294

All the best!

** MBA is hyped but post MBA life is over hyped **
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
i have completed my graduation in 2011. after that i took a gap pf 1 year to prepare for mba. but i did not get very good colleges. i am thinking of repeating again, without work experiance.
my 10th percentage was 64, 12th was 66 and graduation was 64. but i am in confusion because as my profile is not flattering, what chances do i have?? i have heard people saying that with gap of 2years, no good college accepts. in cat 2011 my percentile was 74. 95 in english and lr, 40 in quantz and di. should i take the exam or drop the idea of doing mba. plz help.

are u out of ur mind ..u want to lose 1 yr because of getting into some iim/xlri ..man, find a job ,work for a couple of years ..try cat with some prep ..if u get into some good college take it else leave it ..u can always do an 1 yr executive mba from a top indian/foreign b school ..but u need to wait and earn good work ex to build a soild resume.
i have completed my graduation in 2011. after that i took a gap pf 1 year to prepare for mba. but i did not get very good colleges. i am thinking of repeating again, without work experiance.
my 10th percentage was 64, 12th was 66 and graduation was 64. but i am in confusion because as my profile is not flattering, what chances do i have?? i have heard people saying that with gap of 2years, no good college accepts. in cat 2011 my percentile was 74. 95 in english and lr, 40 in quantz and di. should i take the exam or drop the idea of doing mba. plz help.

The best way for you is to find some job to give yourself a chance for a good B school next year if you are from engg. background+General+ Male then dont even think of MBA unless you get yourself a job this is the hard reality but if you are from a reserved category then by scoring heavily u could have some calls but still I will suggest you to look for a job as this is a cut throat competition...
The Banker to Every Indian-Team Leader(BM)

Hi,
First of all try gain some work ex.
Search for a job.

Prepare for cat along side of work.
If you belongs to reserve catagory .then your low acads ,might not hamper you much.
But if you are general candidate.(You really need know why you are giving the cat ).Because you have to prepare hard.Look for a job ,if not you miss your little chance with 2 year gap.