Shoud I got for MBA

6 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
Hi, I am married and working as a lead in Infy. I am B.Tech. ( Computer ) and having 6+ years of experience in IT like Satyam/CSC etc. 1\. Should i go for MBA ( Executive ( 1 year) or 2 year ) ?? 2\. If i got for MBA, would it be pos...
Page 1 of 1

Why a thread for a personal query..

Dear rin, kindly go through the posts & if u still have any doubts, please use the PM facility or CAT 2009 for working professionals thread

Between I have 9 years exp & I too have a family..I have given CAT thrice

Success retained me as a boy, but failure(s) made me a man IIM Calcutta - Class of 2012
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
bright123 Says
yes i think you should go for MBA.because career chances are more in this mobile field.

MBA is not only limited to mobile field dude

other companies also have managers and administration

yes i think you should go for MBA.because career chances are more in this mobile field.

Hi,

I am married and working as a lead in Infy.
I am B.Tech. ( Computer ) and having 6+ years of experience in IT like Satyam/CSC etc.

1. Should i go for MBA ( Executive ( 1 year) or 2 year ) ??
2. If i got for MBA, would it be possible to get the job in finance/banking/FMCG/Pharma kind of company
3. What kind of growth i can expect after MBA , in 5-10 year time

Please advise.

1) YES , only if u think that growth in ur field is nt gud or ur career is stagnant for past few years
2) yes , but the question to ask is at what level and at what pay?
3) the ans to this and last few questions depend upon the college where u graduate from....
As a team leader i suppose( i don have much knowledge abt pay at infy) ur take home wud be near 45-50k and when u wish to do mba u obviously want more..this requires certain costs in mba i.e. oppurtunity cost and investment cost

the coppurtunity cost can be handled by doing a one year course and investment by choosing either a less expensive college or a very gud one where ROI tends to be high due to better pay packets available

for simply these reasons aim at IIM A/B/C and ISB one year course in INDIA

if u wish to pursue finance then add these degrees to ur CV ... FRM,CFA ... a certain boost to ur cV

and don jus expect a superb salary after u pass out coz do remember u have zero relevant work experience in the above mentioned fields...but if u want to get back in IT consultancy or same field again.. u hve a huge head start

Hope it helped
cheers
Hi,

I am B.Tech. ( Computer ) and having 6+ years of experience in IT like Satyam/CSC etc.

2. If i got for MBA, would it be possible to get the job in finance/banking/FMCG/Pharma kind of company

Please advise.

I can answer the second question.And the answer is yes.First and third questions depend on ur prspctives. Growth is something that depends on u.U know it better.Bt ys opportunities vl b thr.if u thnk u can go thru the rigours of cat prpartion thn go 4 2 yr els 1 yr course.Bt do it frm a good clg.Hope it helps.

Hi,

Please advise.