Short Courses In Financial Management

18 Posts  ·  11 Users
About this group
Hi my name is Ankit Chowdhary, i wanted to knnow about short term courses in risk management, portfolio managemant ,asset management, investment analysis and such related fields. Anyone who has any idea about such courses do reply
Page 1 of 2

Does anyone have more info on the overall value of the EPBM course offered by IIM Calcutta through Hughes??
Thanks a lot!

http://wristspin.blogspot.sg/ http://paradoxicalmetaphor.blogspot.sg/
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
dude..

u misinterpreted.. m asking abt d value of the papers not their costs..

anyidea about that??

oh..ok...:-)...it actually depends on your profile...if you are an engineering student...the ncfm courses would add value as it shows that u have an inclination towards financial markets...and defnitley provide you with understanding abt various kindsa markets.

If you are a finance student,NCFM courses would provide bit more insight in the respective modules.Not major help

If you are planing to become a dealer/distributor some of the courses(AMFI, the other dealers module/corporate governance) are mandatory.

I think for the amount of money (1000s..very less compared to other big shot xamz) and the time spent(only few hrs of learning) NCFM courses are good enough.But the 500 rupee xam (Financial market:beginners module) is worthless.All this is my personal opinion...we can happily disagree 😃
The fees varies from Rs.500(Financial marjet:beginners module) to 1500(Information security auditor module)...most of the tests are of fees Rs.1000....

For some modules like Mutual funds tests u have to buy study-materials for others its provided wen u enroll for the tests.
visit :nseindia.com for futher details

dude..

u misinterpreted.. m asking abt d value of the papers not their costs..

anyidea about that??
hi guys..

can someone tell me how much is the value of these NCFM courses??

The fees varies from Rs.500(Financial marjet:beginners module) to 1500(Information security auditor module)...most of the tests are of fees Rs.1000....

For some modules like Mutual funds tests u have to buy study-materials for others its provided wen u enroll for the tests.
visit :nseindia.com for futher details

hey Ankit,

IMEX - Institute For Management Excellence And Development ,Pune is offering d courses which u want also. it gives an opportunity to do certification prog. from IIM's and IIFT .Course details1)Master of Business Administration By Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth (established under UGC act Sec 3 of UGC act 1956 vide notification No.F-9-19/85-U3 dated 24th April 1986 by Government of India)2)Certificate programs by Premier InstitutesCertificate Program in Marketing (Year I)Advance Program in Marketing (Year II)By Indian Institute of Management, Culcutta (IIMC)* (Seats limited 40) Includes Campus stay at IIMC Certificate Program in Supply Chain and Logistics Management (Year I)Advance Program in Foreign Trade (Year II)By Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi (IIFT) (Seats limited 40)Includes a Visit to International Port (Dubai / Singapore)* Certificate Program in Finance (Year I)Advance Program in Finance (Year II)By Indian Institute of Management, Kozikode (IIMK)* (Seats limited 40)Includes Campus Stay at IIMK 3)Sales Management Program admission.imex@yahoo.co.in or call 9372937267

how is the course PGDFP from ICFP????

hi guys..

can someone tell me how much is the value of these NCFM courses??

Ankit.
If you have work experience of 2 years and above, then you should try doing 1 year courses from IIMC in collaboration with either DWGE or NIIT Imperia (both are satellite education providers).
IIMC+ NIIT combo provides a course called Executive Program in Applied Finance (EPAF), which might suit your needs. The fees are close to 1.2 lakhs for the same. Try Googling and you wil get all info.
IIMC+ DWGE provides EPBM (Executive Program in Business Management) but it has a slightly higher work-ex requirement.
If in case you dont have any work-ex, then you may go ahead and do CFA/Diploma programs from various universities via distance learning mode.
Whatever you do, please dont do NCFM modules, they are not even worth toilet papers and won't give you much knowledge. They are pretty shallow and are not very well regarded too.
The only reason why people do NCFM is because as per SEBI regulations, if you want to punch trades on an NSE Terminal (NEAT), then it is mandatory that you have to pass NCFM module/modules. Otherwise it serves no other purpose.
I did CFA and got a great deal of knowledge out of it. My experience with NCFM was more like a joke. I have the certificates for Derivatives Module and Capital Market Dealers Module and I did not study for either of them and got 90%+ in both......this explains that these are crappy certifications only in existence because there is a freaking law behind them...these are basically equivalent of NASD Series 7 and 63 exams in the US or the SII Diplomas in the UK.

HI TUMTUM...I have a clarification...I wanted to write CFA in June...But I could not register for the exam on time...I have got an admit from Tapmi..I do not want to waste these 2 months..Is there any equivalent certification??
I was planning to give NCFM...
Hi my name is Ankit Chowdhary, i wanted to knnow about short term courses in risk management, portfolio managemant ,asset management, investment analysis and such related fields.

Anyone who has any idea about such courses do reply

Ankit.

If you have work experience of 2 years and above, then you should try doing 1 year courses from IIMC in collaboration with either DWGE or NIIT Imperia (both are satellite education providers).
IIMC+ NIIT combo provides a course called Executive Program in Applied Finance (EPAF), which might suit your needs. The fees are close to 1.2 lakhs for the same. Try Googling and you wil get all info.

IIMC+ DWGE provides EPBM (Executive Program in Business Management) but it has a slightly higher work-ex requirement.

If in case you dont have any work-ex, then you may go ahead and do CFA/Diploma programs from various universities via distance learning mode.

Whatever you do, please dont do NCFM modules, they are not even worth toilet papers and won't give you much knowledge. They are pretty shallow and are not very well regarded too.
The only reason why people do NCFM is because as per SEBI regulations, if you want to punch trades on an NSE Terminal (NEAT), then it is mandatory that you have to pass NCFM module/modules. Otherwise it serves no other purpose.

I did CFA and got a great deal of knowledge out of it. My experience with NCFM was more like a joke. I have the certificates for Derivatives Module and Capital Market Dealers Module and I did not study for either of them and got 90%+ in both......this explains that these are crappy certifications only in existence because there is a freaking law behind them...these are basically equivalent of NASD Series 7 and 63 exams in the US or the SII Diplomas in the UK.
thank you for the info but icfai offers Full time courses like CFA
i was interested in courses which can be done through correspondence like CFM(certified Financial Manager)

who told that these courses are Full time.....all certificate/diploma courses (6mnths/1 yr) are in distance learning mode.And yes CFA too is available in distance mode.....i guess u got wrong informations......so check them out.