Shocking is the Word...!!!!

14 Posts  ·  13 Users
About this group
Coachings like IMS come up with B-School rankings which are totally biased. For example this years latest rankings issued by IMS ranks MDI as an A grade institute as opposed to last year's ranking of A+,Similarily it has not even Ranked IMI i...
Page 1 of 2
sunil79 Says
The director was removed not transferred.He is a Delhiite with absolutely no contacts in the western region.

Please do check the date of the last post: 09-07-2006 😐

Don't bump in old threads where the discussion is already done with!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

The director was removed not transferred.He is a Delhiite with absolutely no contacts in the western region.

Here we go again . Guys as we have seen innumerable times, B-Schools cannot be easily compared. Saying that x number of guys leave an institute a for institute b . And hence b must be better than a is not right . And as is always the case, B-School comparisons threads invariable get into sparring matches with everyone vehemently putting forth their views.

The purpose of this thread is to highlight the different ranking parameters used by the coaching classes . There being no uniformity in rankings , it only ends up in confusing the aspirants . The onus thus lies on a stusdent to select the best B-Schools according to his / her priorities.

I don't agree with you pal. The fact that many guys leave IIM I, K for MDI itself proves MDI is surely not a rat.
As for rankings of B schools, it is always advisable to do some groundwork personally than blindly following them.

Not that I want to say something about MDI...
Just want to ask you... exactly HOW MANY guys leave IIM I or K for MDI?
FYI... there may be at most 1 or 2 such incidents and most of them are cases where they were on the waiting list of I or K and subsequently cleared it. Whereas at I or K you will find quite a lot of people who had final calls from MDI
No offence meant
Regards,
Bhabesh

They may or may not include all B schools in their rankings.. Last yrs outlook rankings didnt have IIM K FMS etc... that doesnt mean they are not in the top 50...

...remind me again...is or are b school comparisons of any sort permitted overe here on pg???

ciao

Definitely MDI is comparable to the IIMs...but not anywhere close to the top four list..!!

But guys what i feel is that its not a b-school's ranking that is a proof that assures a good education.....

Bye all
God Bless

I don't agree with you pal. The fact that many guys leave IIM I, K for MDI itself proves MDI is surely not a rat.
As for rankings of B schools, it is always advisable to do some groundwork personally than blindly following them.

the summary of my statement was
MDI comparable to IIM- I,K - OK
MDI comparable to IIM- A,B,C,L - NOT OK.
tell me one chap who left ABCL for MDI. none i guess.
I totally agree with you that these rankings by coachings institutes are biased and redundant if i may say so, but dude! "MDI comparable to IIMs"!! IIM-I,K ok but with IIM-A, B, C, L a bit of overstated actually.
there is a saying in bhojpuri "moos motaihan lodha hoihan, hathi ghoda thodo na hoihan" -translated as , A rat can atmost become as big as a stone, it would certainly never gain the size of a horse or an elephant.
MDI or any other such institute for that matter, can certainly not match what IIM-A,B,C or L are.

I totally agree with you that these rankings by coachings institutes are biased and redundant if i may say so, but dude! "MDI comparable to IIMs"!! IIM-I,K ok but with IIM-A, B, C, L a bit of overstated actually.
there is a saying in bhojpuri "moos motaihan lodha hoihan, hathi ghoda thodo na hoihan" -translated as , A rat can atmost become as big as a stone, it would certainly never gain the size of a horse or an elephant.
MDI or any other such institute for that matter, can certainly not match what IIM-A,B,C or L are.