Full time MBA please
I am evaluating some of the UK universities for my journey in Oct 2013. It is still very early stage and I would request all to share their views for mutual learning.
I have tried to come up with the criteria that are important to me and I guess many of us. This will help us to evaluate more objectively.
Here are the areas. Please share your views of the above programme based on the following criteria.
1. Quality of the programme
1.a. Class size
1.b. Course based, Case based, engagement based, group study based or what? Don't say a balanced mix or innovative mix, come on!! What is the primary mode?
1.c. How is the Industry engagement, consultancy projects, internship
2. Specialised areas. Each college has one or few areas as their so called "Royal Branch", for example, REC- Surat had Royal Mechanical.
So for this college what is those specialised areas?
3. Quality of the class. There are many more areas than just 54 nationalities.
3.a. Average work experience of the class
3.b. Diverse domain and functional area knowledge, not full of IT people.
3.c. How evenly the nationalities are distributed? is it predominantly local, Indian and Chinese? And most importantly, is the groups work in their own silos?
3.d. Finally, is the school culture encourage class discussions or mostly one way delivery by the professor?
4. Job prospects.
4.a. Whether 90% of the class gets a job or not?
4.b. Whether most of the Indian get job or not? It will be crazy to do an MBA here and then go back to Bangalore and join an IT company.
4.c. How many get job before they finish their studies? Anyone experinced uncertainties of joblessness in a foreign land knows how stressful that might be. 3.d. quality of those jobs
5. Scholarship options for Indian
6. Cost of the course
7. Cost of living
8. Accommodation options available, including hostels and private for family.
9. Job for wife/partner or option to kill time
10. Acceptance : Interesting but a feel good factor is, how accepted are foreign students in the local life. I do not blame any side, but I know there are both the extremes.
11. Library or other support like printing or free campus Wi-Fi, sport option, food etc are given.
12. Your overall assessment
13. If you joined the school or evaluated and then skipped, please share your honest opinion. This is an online forum, there are many options to share your honest views anonymously.
Thank you for your views.