Server issues - Almost fixed

14 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
Hello guys, We had to operate on a backup for a couple of hours due to downtime issues. We are still working hard to figure out the problem due to which the forum was unavailable for a few hours. We have fixed quite a few of the problems and ...
Page 1 of 2

Fast turnaround guys!! Good Job!!

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
catapult
@catapult  ·  1,270 karma
pagalguy Says
Just got it done.. All user functionalities are back. Please check and confirm junta! :)

The thank feature works...thats VERIFIED-FIXED.

and I can still dance

Thanks.

Just got it done.. All user functionalities are back. Please check and confirm junta! :)

Hey Big Brother,

Besides data loss, there is one more issue. I'm sure you must have noticed it by now, but even then i consider it my duty to highlight it again.
Before crash, the URLs for the pages under different forums, for example under "B-schhol-discussions-mba-abroad" used to be something like "www.pagalguy.com/forum/b-school-discussions-mba-abroad/13799-aim-admits-2006-seniors-please-2.html ", however, after crash, the URL for the same page has changed to something like http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20360&page;=2" this is creating a little bit of problem as all my favorites are not working :(.
Kindly take efforts in restoring same.
Thnx.
Command like a king, work like a slave.
None of the data beyond the 90 mins have been lost. Sorry about the contradictory language there. I wanted to say that none of the data, be it PMs, thanks, groans or anything has been lost in this fiasco.

As for the crash, we are still figuring it out. We are in touch with some of the developers to figure out why this happened. We use multiple softwares at the same time on the server and there could have been a conflict. But then nothing is clear yet.

Onto building more sturdier platforms :D

Hey Big Brother,

Besides data loss, there is one more issue. I'm sure you must have noticed it by now, but even then i consider it my duty to highlight it again.
Before crash, the URLs for the pages under different forums, for example under "B-schhol-discussions-mba-abroad" used to be something like "www.pagalguy.com/forum/b-school-discussions-mba-abroad/13799-aim-admits-2006-seniors-please-2.html ", however, after crash, the URL for the same page has changed to something like http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20360&page;=2" this is creating a little bit of problem as all my favorites are not working :(.
Kindly take efforts in restoring same.
Thnx.

None of the data beyond the 90 mins have been lost. Sorry about the contradictory language there. I wanted to say that none of the data, be it PMs, thanks, groans or anything has been lost in this fiasco.

As for the crash, we are still figuring it out. We are in touch with some of the developers to figure out why this happened. We use multiple softwares at the same time on the server and there could have been a conflict. But then nothing is clear yet.

Onto building more sturdier platforms :D

Erm... Allwin, aren't you contradicting yourself?

You said that you've lost all posts of the 90 minutes prior to the crash, and here you're saying that no data is lost?

What happened da? how come a strond backend like PG crashed so horribly?

Still... All's well that ends well...

Regards,
Grondmaster
pagalguy Says
Isolating problems and then bringing features back in .. until then..thoda patience folks 😁 No data has been lost.

Erm... Allwin, aren't you contradicting yourself?

You said that you've lost all posts of the 90 minutes prior to the crash, and here you're saying that no data is lost?

What happened da? how come a strond backend like PG crashed so horribly?

Still... All's well that ends well...

Regards,
Grondmaster

Isolating problems and then bringing features back in .. until then..thoda patience folks 😁 No data has been lost.

....and wat bout the 'thank-groan' feature...
it doesnt seem to be active
pagalguy Says
We dont have the posts for the last 1.5 hours. Please get back to regular posting and my sincere apologies for the trouble caused. Sorry!

Hi ,

Such things happen... Lets carry on with the show .. we guys make this community so will make good for the loss of the 1.5 hrs data . Pls keep a check on the XAT results thread.

Regards

Shailesh

....and wat bout the 'thank-groan' feature...
it doesnt seem to be active

We dont have the posts for the last 1.5 hours. Please get back to regular posting and my sincere apologies for the trouble caused. Sorry!