Second Phase of CAT and Related Matters

42 Posts  ·  31 Users
About this group
*Saw this on CAT IIM site and opened a thread for discussions on the same: * * * *Second Phase of CAT and Related Matters* The first phase of CAT 2009 was from November 28th to December 8th, 2009. The second phase of CAT 2009 will be ...
Page 1 of 5

The second phase relatd questions can be discussed in any one of the threads mentioned below...

A new thread makes these three threads redundant..

Please continue your queries in the thread which you feel relevant

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/any-updates-on-new-schedule-cat-2009-25046884

or

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/problems-with-conduct-of-cat-2009-exam-help-us-reach-out-to-right-authorities-25046821

or

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/faqs-regarding-cat-2009-all-queries-answered-here-25046809

Kindly cooperate..Thread locked

Success retained me as a boy, but failure(s) made me a man IIM Calcutta - Class of 2012
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

just a thought... the process which the IIMs are using to decide if the candidate needs to give a re-test or not... is that genuine enough?
what if there are few candidates who have seriously faced d same problems mentioned in their website Update on ongoing Computerized CAT 2009 ..n they haven't received the email for a re-test...? what is the back up plan for them...?

omsha2210 Says
Wen r they gonna release the result for those who completed the test successfully....... Is it on Jan 22 or Feb 22

no results are coming out on 22 jan
all results will be in 3rd week of feb
God save us from choas of gd/pi of various institutes:clap:

Wen r they gonna release the result for those who completed the test successfully....... Is it on Jan 22 or Feb 22

and what will they do if the problem persists on the given dates also

Yaar i think the last dates for the application to colleges is an issue........Under such a scenario, high amount of ambiguity will remain in the minds of the applicants.....no one knows how their exam went, no one knows how much shud he expect to score and now the already late results are delayed further.....i'll like to request Allwin and people who are current students of these b-schools to send a mail to the Dean requesting them to extend the dates past mid-feb when we can be sure.......aise to hum paise hi udate rahenge......

HEY can any1 plz help???

wud prometric ppl send any email or any other notification for d retest???? or one has to contact dem on der own?????
how do i get 2 know dat i am eligible 4 giving retest?

will dis retest affect d result of doz whose exam went well???and faced no problem during der test???
plz help

Yeah, Prometric will send emails to all candidates eligible for the retest by 10th jan.U dont hv 2 contact them again if u already hv emailed or called them up regarding the problems u faced (if any)... people who didn't face any problems will not hv to appear 4 the retest.

At least its good for those students who by mistake had pressed the end or quit button . But it shall be un fair for those whose paper did not start and still they manged to keep their cool and do the paper .
What if the new cat is on a different pattern or difficulty level how are they going to compare the performances of all students on a same platform that only god or prometric knows .

Hey guys ,
My exam initially did not begin for around 10 mins . Once it started i got the entire time of 135 minutes to solve my paper and went through smoothly .
Will they ask me come again and solve the cat paper . Though i should come to know about it by the 10 th of Jan .
Result declaration is very late which might lead to chacous in the gd and pi of the different institutes .

HEY can any1 plz help???

wud prometric ppl send any email or any other notification for d retest???? or one has to contact dem on der own?????
how do i get 2 know dat i am eligible 4 giving retest?

will dis retest affect d result of doz whose exam went well???and faced no problem during der test???
plz help