Second mba from abroad

3 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
Hi all, just wanted to know about doing a second mba abroad after the first one in iimi ... what are the advantages and disadvantages... cheers, sandy
Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

just wanted to know about doing a second mba abroad after the first one in iimi ... what are the advantages and disadvantages...

cheers,
sandy

I have similar plans and can quote an excellent example to tell you the advantages:
My friends brother did his engineering from VIT,Pune in 5 years. He was never one of those naturally intelligent guys.
Went on to do his MBA from SIBM Pune, which was not very well known back then (Year : 1999)
Worked in some good company (can't recall the name) in Mumbai for 4 years.
Went to Leeds university to do his second MBA.
Today he is one amongst the Board of Directors in Infosys and heading the UK unit of Infy. All this at a tender age of 30/31
The fact remains that India is a good 50-60 years behind in education as compared to other universities in UK or USA. Thus a second MBA with relevent work ex can add a lot of glamour to your resume.

The biggest disadvantage is ROI. Most colleges across the world don't have on campus placements. Considering the fact that you end up spending anything between Rs 30 lacs to about a crore, a second MBA may keep you abroad for longer than you intend to be there. Also the fact that you may have a family to support by then, it won't help matters much.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Hi all,

just wanted to know about doing a second mba abroad after the first one in iimi ... what are the advantages and disadvantages...

cheers,
sandy

I have the same question..altho I did mine from KJ som..

Hi all,

cheers,
sandy