SDA Bocconi MBA 2012-2013 admits

41 Posts  ·  25 Users
About this group
Hi guys, I was just wondering if there is anybody here who has been admitted to the SDA Bocconi MBA 2012-13 (38th Edition)??? Or waiting for the reply from Bocconi?? or planning to apply there?? Waiting for some replies..................
Page 1 of 5

Hi,

This year anyone got admit from SDA Bocconi or appeared for the interview. Needed some tips on the interview process. Please email.

itibans
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@MAFED_SDA_2013

Hi , I have been admitted to MAFED 2013 program of SDA .Any other aspirants for the same course??

Hi am interested in the MAFED prog of SDA..However i dont have any relevant experience in the field.I am into an IT firm with 1 year experience.But i really want to join the program since it caters to my interest.Besides what is the job scene aft the prog..are there any visa issues..?Since i have plans on taking an educational loan..looking forward to your reply..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hello , i need to study MBA in italy so i need to know the process to apply to get admission for various school and their fees structure n payment for year . plz any one could help me out fron it soon.and a good n correct list of top unversities of Italy plz. ?..

help me soon
admission process i mean any entrance exam n applyng process aslo
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

Hi , I have been admitted to MAFED 2013 program of SDA .
Any other aspirants for the same course??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have been admitted to the MBA 38 program as well. Hope to see all of ul in Milan soon. Btw has anybody opted for the precourses starting in September??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys, I'm a current SDA student. Here are some things you might want to note (for Indian candidates, atleast):
1. You'll have to get a Codice Fiscale (Italian Tax Number Code - Only the "code Number" is enough to know, you don't need the card.)
2. You would need a one year insurance. I got one from Bajaj Allianz (Student Companion Plan). You may get an equivalent one it from anyone else in India or get it after coming to Italy.
3. You would have to get a Permesso Di Siggiorono (Permit of stay) Card.
4. You may chose to open a bank account in Milan. The monthly fees charged by banks is ~2.5EUR/Month. Or postpone opening the account to, say the internship time.
5. You would need a house. Of course 😃 . You'll have to find a house after reaching here. So book a hostel/hotel for say 4 nights before coming. Hotel Milano zona sud, Hotel shopping tour Milano, Albergo tre stelle Milano, Hotel vicino ospedali Milano, Hotel sta****e centrale Milano, Hotel Milano concerti is a good option I think.

Get these things:
- One Laptop, preferrably only upto 14".
- Buy one good dress suit (would be enough, to start at least); instead of two, say, cheaper ones. 2 good white shirts/light dress shirts.
- A bag to carry to school. (to carry Laptop + Notebooks).
- A smartphone. Preferrably one that has good maps.
- Utensils are given in most homes.
- Ciggarettes, if you smoke. It's 5 EUR a pack here.
- Some stationary. Toiletries.
- Some warm clothes for home/school, during winter. Hoodies and all. It was colder than I expected.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys, I'm a current SDA student. Here are some things you might want to note (For Indian candidates, atleast):
1. You'll have to get a Codice Fiscale (Italian Tax Number Code - Only the "code Number" is enough to know, you don't need the card.)
2. You would have to get a Permesso Di Siggiorono (Permit of stay) Card.
3. You may chose to open a bank account in Milan. The monthly fees charged by banks is ~2.5EUR/Month. Or postpone opening the account to, say the internship time.
4. You would need a house. Of course 😃 . You'll have to find a house after reaching here. So book a hostel/hotel for say 4 nights before coming. Hotel shopping tour Milano, Albergo tre stelle Milano, Hotel vicino ospedali Milano, Hotel stazione centrale Milano, Hotel Milano concerti, Hotel Milano vicino metropolitana is a good option I think.

Get these things:
- One Laptop, preferrably only upto 14".
- Buy one good dress suit (would be enough, to start at least); instead of two, say, cheaper ones. 2 good white shirts/light dress shirts.
- A bag to carry to school. (to carry Laptop + Notebooks).
- A smartphone. Preferrably one that has good maps.
- Utensils are given in most homes.
- Ciggarettes, if you smoke. It's 5 EUR a pack here.
- Some stationary. Toiletries.
- Some warm clothes for home/school, during winter. Hoodies and all. It was colder than I expected.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Guyss,

Good to see this a forum for MBA 38 at SDA Bocconi. I am an accepted applicant from Chennai. Congrats to everyone who have an admit. I think it ll be better if we can start exchanging our contacts and stay in touch from now.

I have received the Visa papers too and have a few clarifications in it. Has anyone already applied for the visa ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks a lot for the response. If I am not mistaken, consulting firms tend to be more keen on the Italian language requirement. Big Banks / Large financial institutions and industry firms are more open to hiring Non EU candidates as they like to have diversified human capital. Please correct me if I am wrong.

You point about skill sets in very correct. With UK technically getting into a recession, jobs in the financial services area (my focus area) in London will be very few and one needs to really stand out in order to have a decent chance to secure employment in London. Getting placed in London from Milan could be an uphill task.

Just my thoughts :)

Thanks once again

Cheers !

Hi sda2012,

Congratulations on your admit. I will not be able to answer your 1st question because I dont know much about the MCF program.

To answer your 2nd question, yes it is difficult for Non-Europeans to get placed post masters in Italy because one needs to know good Italian to work in Italian companies.

You may find jobs in London or any other country if you don't find jobs in Italy. Rest will depend on your skill sets acquired & exhibited.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks a lot

Hi sda2012,

Congratulations on your admit. I will not be able to answer your 1st question because I dont know much about the MCF program.

To answer your 2nd question, yes it is difficult for Non-Europeans to get placed post masters in Italy because one needs to know good Italian to work in Italian companies.

You may find jobs in London or any other country if you don't find jobs in Italy. Rest will depend on your skill sets acquired & exhibited.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...