Schulich MBA Fall 2010 Applicants and Admits

301 Posts  ·  71 Users
About this group
Dear All, I invite all the applicants for Schulich MBA Fall 2010 to join in and contribute. Regards, Sandip.
Page 1 of 31

Dear All,

Please help... I want to into get Schulich but am not sure if my profile meets the expectations of the admission officers. My background is as:

Indian-Sudanese Girl.
Studied Civil Engineering (hons) 5 years..
pass division Second upper ( CGPA 6.89/10) from the University of Khartoum, Sudan ( Graduated in 2007) After that I worked as an oilfield engineer for Schlumberger for 1.25 years ( was based out of Mumbai) .. After a 6 month break (during which I took IELTS and got 8/9), I worked for 6 months in Sudan and then again 6 months in India in the import/export industry for private firms..i took GMAT earlier this year and scored 650, AWA 5.0. I am 25, getting married in December, moving to Toronto after the wedding and not working currently. I need to know if my background seems passable?..

Am very much interested in Sustainable development, however if Schulich is too high an expectation for me.. am considering Ryerson's MBA in management and innovations along with a graduate diploma in sustainability and business from Schulich...

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

~D.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear All,

Please help... I want to into get Schulich but am not sure if my profile meets the expectations of the admission officers. My background is as:

Indian-Sudanese Girl.
Studied Civil Engineering (hons) 5 years..
pass division Second upper ( CGPA 6.89/10) from the University of Khartoum, Sudan ( Graduated in 2007) After that I worked as an oilfield engineer for Schlumberger for 1.25 years ( was based out of Mumbai) .. After a 6 month break (during which I took IELTS and got 8/9), I worked for 6 months in Sudan and then again 6 months in India in the import/export industry for private firms..i took GMAT earlier this year and scored 650, AWA 5.0. I am 25, getting married in December, moving to Toronto after the wedding and not working currently. I need to know if my background seems passable?..

Am very much interested in Sustainable development, however if Schulich is too high an expectation for me.. am considering Ryerson's MBA in management and innovations along with a graduate diploma in sustainability and business from Schulich...

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

~D.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey all...many many congrats to all the admits. I have some querries:
1. Since I intend to apply for fall 2011, I need some info regarding the expenses involved in studying in schulich. I require the info for planning ahead as I don't have great financial strength. I can shell out at the most 45KUSD. Will it be possible to survive the duration of course within the specified budget?
2. I have a GMAT score of 670. I think I am late for applying for winter 2011. However, I want to know if I stand a chance of getting scholarship.
I am a mechanical engineer with 3 years of exp in Quality Assurance & Six Sigma , good academica record throughout & decent EC (read: average).
I am sorry if the querries sound silly or repeated.
Thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have received mail for a telephonic interview.

Can anyone please advise on what to expect in the interview..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Shermann

Just sent you a PM.. Can you check and respond..

Thanks,
Kunal

Are we only 2 people from who have applied/admitted for winter 2011?

Regards,
Sher Singh Mann.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thank you man.. received it..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
aksiceman Says
my email id is aksrumalla@gmail.com

Sent...Good Luck:)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

my email id is aksrumalla@gmail.com

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
aksiceman Says
@ Mission to Grow: the excel sheet isnt there on google docs.. can you share it again.. what does it have in it..

Hi, you can PM me your email ID. I'll email u the excel...The link doesn't seem to be working now.

Regds
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

The deadline for fall is over.. For jan 2011 i think september is teh deadline..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...