Schulich 2013 applicants - Winter and Fall

833 Posts  ·  117 Users
About this group
Hi All, There is no unified thread for Schulich applicants for 2013 sessions so starting this thread. Those who are applying or planning to apply for Jan 2013 or Sept 2013 sessions please post here. I have applied to Jan 2013 course. Come...
Page 1 of 84

Schulich Admissions Student Services and International Relations Schulich School of Business
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@sid.c

Hi Guys,

I am writing my GMAT exam in 5 days time. I hope of getting a sore in excess of 680.

I will have a 2 years working experience by the time of application.

I am planning to apply for the Jan-2014 session. Please tell me my chances of getting into Schulich.

Regards,

Sid

Hi Sid.c we would look at your application in its entirety. It is hard to give you a definitive answer as that depends on other factors as well.

Schulich Admissions Student Services and International Relations Schulich School of Business
1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys,

I am writing my GMAT exam in 5 days time. I hope of getting a sore in excess of 680.
I will have a 2 years working experience by the time of application.
I am planning to apply for the Jan-2014 session. Please tell me my chances of getting into Schulich.

Regards,
Sid
6 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

For more information on Admissions for the newly launched Schulich MBA in India program in Hyderabad this September, please contact:

Imran Kanga

Email: ikanga@schulich.yorku.ca

Tel: +918142417000

Looking forward to hearing from you.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Prospective Students,

I will be hosting a series of Information Sessions to give students more information about the Schulich MBA in India program which we will be launching this September. Please feel free to drop in and bring a friend, colleague or anyone you might know who is interested in pursuing their MBA and would be a good fit for the program.

The details are as follows:

Friday 28th June: Mumbai

Address: Kalpataru Synergy, Opp Grand Hyatt, Kalina, Mumbai 400055

Time: 7 - 9pm

Saturday 29th June: Delhi

Address: No. 1 Mansingh Road, New Delhi, DL 110001

Time: 6:30 - 8:30pm

Sunday 30th June: Bangalore

Address: 41/3, M G Road, M G Road, Bangalore, Karnataka 560001

Time: 6:30 - 8:30pm

Friday 5th July: Hyderabad

Address: Novotel & HICC Complex, Near Hitec City, Hitex Road, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh 500081

Time: 7 - 9pm

Saturday 6th July: Chennai

Address: No.37, Nungambakkam High Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600034 Time: 6:30 - 8:30pm

Hope to see you there!

Warm Regards,

Imran Kanga

Associate Director, Schulich School of Business

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys. I have a doubt regarding the payment of the initial deposit. Is there a link in college's site where we can pay the fees with our credit cards or do we have to sent that confirmation form with the card details and they themselves credit us ?

2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Puys... Is it advisable to send my application for jan intake now considering that the international deadline is 1st sep and if i am not mistaken, about half of the batch might already be full. Plz also comment about scholarship oppurtunities. My gmat-680 , decent extra - curriculars, 3 yr work ex in Indian IT MNC, helped create a consulting start-up but wasnt a part of its working, made the business strategy . i have to retake gmat aiming 700 + and would submit my complete application by 10 th july. please suggest.

2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello guys,
Good to see all the prep coming along..
A few tips from me
1) If possible get a financial calci from India itself..the most widely used model here is BA-II plus..
2) Gym is a walking distance from graduate housing...get ur gym equipment (tracks,gloves) etc , TT lovers and squash lovers..get ur equipment too..
3) I had even got my Wi-Fi router from India..
4) Do carry few(at least a couple) electrical converters or travel adapters..
5) For those who cook..some oil,regular spices, tea powder...viz some basic stuff which should get you through for a day or two..there is a small grocery store about 10 mins walking distance from graduate housing where you get all the food stuff..vegetable,milk,eggs,meat,bread etc
6) Don't be in a hurry to buy new books..damn expensive $140-$150 bucks each..people sell it for cheap on FB and on a schulich web site too...and your seniors sell it too..
7) Get ready for some action! Once it picks up steam...it starts getting crazy!
Hope this helps..I will post if I think of something else

Rest if you must, but do not quit!
1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey,

I would like to know whether the 2 years work ex has to be completed at the time of application or by the time the course begins.. Please give me feedback regarding the same.😁

2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi YORKIANS

Has anyone got admission into IMBA prg of Schulich?
Plz provide your valuable inputs which is better IMBA or MBA in terms of ROI, employers perspectives, reputation etc.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...