Schulich 2007 (august)

122 Posts  ·  34 Users
About this group
Hi guys I have got a call to join schulich 2007(august). Anyone else got the same? Cheers Sarthak
Page 1 of 13
That's pretty fast. Good for you!!
My profile is: 640/7 Yrs in IT/4 Yrs US experience. I am not sure if this would be competitive enough for Schulich. Any thoughts?

Hey mugu, whats was your break up of score. quants/verbal. i am checking for my chances, as i got a comparatively low verbal score.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys,

I am looking forward to apply to 2 of the shortlisted 4 colleges in Canada. Can anyone plz put some comments about which ones to choose. I am looking preferably for a short duration MBA ( 1-1.5 yrs), therefore I am a bit skeptical about Rotman..

My list :
Rotman
Ivey
Schulich
Queens

My Profile :
GMAT : 730
Work ex : 3 yrs in Oracle as Applications Engineer and 1 month in a small company as a Functional Consultant(Lead).
Extra curriculars :
College : Convener of 2 clubs, founder of one
Professional : Member of Oracle Volunteers( a NGO rrelated arm of Oracle) had led a recent Project , member of an NGO
Leadership : Hav led teams at an unprofessional level ( clubs, Oracle Volunteers and NGO )

Please suggest guys, which ones to choose.

Regards
Kunal

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hola amigos!!!

I am also applying here for the next batch. Don't know yet about my chances 'coz I have a pretty skewed profile, with honestly no "strong points" in the profile. I am sure some of you should be able to guide me in a better way.

Here's my profile:

Work Ex:
30 months in IT, started from an individual contributor, and am the process manager now.

Education:
B.Tech, GPA of 2.15 out of 4 (thats 63% on my school's conversion chart)
PGD in Intellectual Property Rights and Patent Laws (Distance Education)

GMAT Score: 690

What do you guys think?? Suggestions are welcome!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

HI Everyone,

I am looking forward to start my MBA in 2008 from Canada . Can you help me find out where can i apply with the current profile .

GMAT : 620
Workex : 3yrs in IT for National Stock Exchange
profie : BE in Computers 66%
XII : 87 %
X : 87 %

Regards,
Lokesh.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone are through with their visas and all set to come to Schulich. This thread has been awefully silent for sometime now, so i just wanted to bring back the zest .:-)

How are everyone placed with their travel plans and accomodation once they reach toronto?

Saadhu and I are from mumbai, so if there any other mumbaites or non-mumbaites visiting mumbai, it would be great if we could meet. Doesnt hurt to have one more familiar face in toronto.

I hope to hear from u guys.

PS : My cell phone number is +91 (0) 98506 28362.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey ppl,

I have accepted the offer of admission for the IMBA at Schulich for Aug 2007.

Would like to know how many of you have accepted for either MBA or IMBA and will be joining in Aug?

And any of you in the IMBA program? Doesnt seem like many indians applied to it lol

Hope to hear from you guys soon...And ps: Schulich has a great learning environment as compared to Rotman at UofT. I did my undergrad from UofT and now look forward tothe more dynamic Schulich.

Ciao!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Every1
This is my first post on this thread. I too have an admit from Schulich and most probably would be joining. I had Qn on Internship oppurtunties available at Schulich. Are summer internships available at Schulich? The course duration is of 16 months but admn offer letter says Sept 2007 -Apr 2009 rougly 20 months...So wondering does course take into account the summer internships ? or do ppl complete their MBA in 16 months flat. I personally need a summer intern since I am career switcher and also to pay off some debt.

It would be great if anyone can throw more light on this.

Thanks!!!

Welcome Aspiring MBA!
From what I know, you have an option of completing the course in 16 months or 20 months. For those who are interested in pursuing summer work opportunity, 20 months is the answer. I am personally trying to do a career switch and I'd be taking up the 20 month option.
Also, In Schulich, there is no concept of internships since there are no credits associated with it. However one can apply for and get a summer work opportunity. There are forums in the school where these opportunities are listed and it is upto the students to follow-up and get them! Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Mugu.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys, I have got my Visa or atleast the Letter of Advice! Thanks a ton to Barricuda!!

I went to Detroit on Thursday along with my wife and the whole process was done within an hour and a half. Now I am going to decline Carlson and I am all set to Schulich.

Thanks to everyone who helped in this forum.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Every1
This is my first post on this thread. I too have an admit from Schulich and most probably would be joining. I had Qn on Internship oppurtunties available at Schulich. Are summer internships available at Schulich? The course duration is of 16 months but admn offer letter says Sept 2007 -Apr 2009 rougly 20 months...So wondering does course take into account the summer internships ? or do ppl complete their MBA in 16 months flat. I personally need a summer intern since I am career switcher and also to pay off some debt.

It would be great if anyone can throw more light on this.

Thanks!!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Saadhu, Thank you for the information.

Barricuda - You rock man. If things could go smoothly, I'd rather get this process done in the US. Is there a number that I can reach you and talk to you about this in detail? Not that your post wasn't enough, but I'd feel more comfortable about going through this if I could talk to you. You can reach me at Ganesan.Mugunthan@bestbuy.com

Let me know if this could work.

Thanks again to you and Saadhu.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...