Schools To Apply For On GMAT Day

2 Posts  ·  2 Users
About this group
Hi, I am giving my GMAT next month and i found out that we can send our scores to 5 schools on the day of the GMAT. I have also been told to select these schools such that the distribution is roughly as follows: 1 - 'Dream' School, 2 - 'Good ...
Page 1 of 1

This is personal point of view: send the GMAT scores to the schools that you will/want to apply to.

MBA is a bit more complicated that getting a great GMAT score, send score and get accepted.

MBA is about personal fit, and post-MBA career aspirations. There is tons of information on this forum about schools/personal experiences/careers.

I get the impression (I might be wrong, of course) that you haven't done any thorough investigation about the B-schools and what you want from your MBA experience (many of us are in a similar position when we start the process). However, I presume you plan to apply for Fall 2010. If that is the case, you have some time to research this.

On the GMAT day, you can send your scores to 5 schools for Free (but u don't have to).

You can always send your score to a school afterwards, but it will cost you $11 (i think) per school. If you plan to do a MBA (and don't get a scholarship), you are looking at spending $50K-100K. So, in the grand scheme of things, sending the free scores (if you don't know which schools within the next month) shouldn't be a deal-breaker.

Hi,

I am giving my GMAT next month and i found out that we can send our scores to 5 schools on the day of the GMAT. I have also been told to select these schools such that the distribution is roughly as follows: 1 - 'Dream' School, 2 - 'Good Chance of Getting In' School and 2 - 'Will Definitely Get in' School.

My question is how do i pick these schools? In some mock GMATs that i have taken, i have scored on an average about 760 - 770 and i have 5 years of experience.

Do i look at the B-School Rankings and look and median GMAT scores and average experience and reach this decision? i tried this, but even the top B-Schools median GMAT is around 720 - 730 and average experience is about 60 months. Now, i am confused.

Any ideas? What other parameters could i consider?

Thanks!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hi,

I am giving my GMAT next month and i found out that we can send our scores to 5 schools on the day of the GMAT. I have also been told to select these schools such that the distribution is roughly as follows: 1 - 'Dream' School, 2 - 'Good Chance of Getting In' School and 2 - 'Will Definitely Get in' School.

My question is how do i pick these schools? In some mock GMATs that i have taken, i have scored on an average about 760 - 770 and i have 5 years of experience.

Do i look at the B-School Rankings and look and median GMAT scores and average experience and reach this decision? i tried this, but even the top B-Schools median GMAT is around 720 - 730 and average experience is about 60 months. Now, i am confused.

Any ideas? What other parameters could i consider?

Thanks!

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.