School of Petroleum Management(SPM), PDPU: Admissions 2012-14 queries and discussion

961 Posts  ·  202 Users
About this group
Dear All, The admission policy and form of School of Petroleum Management, Gandhinagar (Gujarat) is out and available on the below link. School of Petroleum Management For all queries related to admissions, life @ SPM, ur profiles etc, w...
Page 1 of 97
@DY said:

i have got 80.4% in 10th, 59.8% in 12th and 65%(till 6 sem.) in graduation. Am i elegible for PSU's recruitment or other top companies. I don't have any work experience.

Do i have any hope of recruitments in some top companies & PSU's from SPM?

Please Guide me i am highly confused?

@DY said:

sir i want to know whu do you want to cancel your admission?

And tell me about this college will it be beneficial for me to join this college.

If not which is your preference?

@DY said: NAMEUSHYANT YADAV Educational Qualification:B.TECH(65%)(till 6 sem), 12th-59.8%, 10th-80.4%. Work Experience: NIL I want to know about the placement criteria of this college? Am i elegible for this clg? Do any PSU's recruit students from this college? How much students get placed last year? Which is better SPM,UPES or NPTI for energy management program?
Hi DY,
there is no fixed placement criteria. Every company has its own criteria. Yes you are eligible for SPM and PSU's like BPCL, IOCL, GAIL, GSPC are regular recruiters at SPM. Last yr 55/58 students got placed.
Harsh
Harsh Gupta PGP11 SPM, PDPU https://www.facebook.com/pages/School-of-Petroleum-Management-Gandhinagar/187700961241294
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am so glad that Harsh Gupta, Manish (hanumanish) and our evergreen "CERTIFIED" and superfamous Nihit Sir (nihit) took up the challenge and continued the legacy which my seniors had started! I would like to end this thread here with this BIG THANKS to all those who once again lived up to the SPIRIT of Pagalguy and the BEST OF LUCK to the brand new toddlers of SPM! :cheerio:

MODS Please close this thread! This thread has fulfilled its purpose! ;)

Before it gets closed, i thought to post quickly few things which will help existing puy's who got into SPM and are now part of SPM 12 Batch to guide next generation

- Economics/General Principal : Please give something in return By this i mean do help others by posting your experiences & helping next generation who will look on to SPM next year.

- Remember the Oldies: I mean remember your seniors & Alumni's when they come to SPM. Sometime i feel sad when i land in SPM and hardly any1 recognize. But then it feels awsum :cheerio: on top of cloud when i see someone coming from back and saying.. hey you nihit..err Nihit Saar na..:biggrin::biggrin: Few of them are our Dark Miasma, Harsh Gupta, Manish, Ankit Garg who are ex-aspirants of PG and whom i met in SPM. Really its soo cheerful

- KISS: errr... i mean Keep It Short and Simple. While you all answer, please try to be simple and clear. Many a times you will feel "yeh kya Bakar hain" "why is he/she asking same question again and again", etc,.. but then think you were in his/her shoe last year and try to be polite too.

Chalo Seeya and hope to meet few of you in SPM.

P.S: Well i stay in Gandhinagar only, so if you are free or doing some event do call me sometime to SPM. I love going to SPM and being part of it
No. of countries in the world r more than d no. of yrs in life,so travel as many places as u can !!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

In about 50 hours from now, there wouldn't be any need for this thread!

PGP-12 will officially be revealed in front of the whole world, and will be branded as SPM PGP-12 batch forever!

One more season of questions and queries gets over! :)

This was my Third Season on an SPM thread! :biggrin:

Year 2009: I was just a : counting my days in my engineering and hoping to make it BIG in CAT. And those days Pagalguy used to suck more hours from my schedule than my girlfriend

Year 2010: SURPRISE! I had made it to SPM! And it was now my turn to return the favor of my peers who helped me sail through the turbulent times by selflessly answering even my dumbest of the queries! :sneaky: That is when I started the forthcoming batch's Admissions thread! I did try to answer the queries as best I could, as I was seeing a potential Junior in all of the posters! 😃 I was also helped by Aditya, Kishlaya and Nihit in that, as they poured their replies as well. And we were lucky enough to have a SOOPER AWESOME PGP-10 Batch :clap:

I am so glad that Harsh Gupta, Manish (hanumanish) and our evergreen "CERTIFIED" and superfamous Nihit Sir (nihit) took up the challenge and continued the legacy which my seniors had started! I would like to end this thread here with this BIG THANKS to all those who once again lived up to the SPIRIT of Pagalguy and the BEST OF LUCK to the brand new toddlers of SPM! :cheerio:

MODS Please close this thread! This thread has fulfilled its purpose! 😉

More likely to be found here: facebook.com/neil.mukherjee17
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Please give your contact number..........its urgent sort of...... i am getting different views from various people

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
guptaharsh Says
yes there are few companies apart from PSU's who have criteria of 60% marks

can you please give me your number ....i need to talk to you......with name also......thanks
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Seniors please help me................

Are there any criteria for the companies like "we should have 60 % AGGREGATE" in our EBGINEERING to be able to be placed in the COMPANIES let apart the PSU's..............................

PLEASE HELP...............................ITS URGENT.....................i have to pay fees by 21st.................................................................

MY aggregate is "59.1"

(please dont give the diplomatic reply)

yes there are few companies apart from PSU's who have criteria of 60% marks
Harsh Gupta PGP11 SPM, PDPU https://www.facebook.com/pages/School-of-Petroleum-Management-Gandhinagar/187700961241294
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Seniors please help me................

Are there any criteria for the companies like "we should have 60 % AGGREGATE" in our EBGINEERING to be able to be placed in the COMPANIES let apart the PSU's..............................

PLEASE HELP...............................ITS URGENT.....................i have to pay fees by 21st.................................................................

MY aggregate is "59.1"

(please dont give the diplomatic reply)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
ngn
@ngn  ·  0 karma

not joining
waitlist moves by 1
joining nirma

ATB

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
MilanG Says
why there is no change in the waitlist yet??? admissions full???

MilanG Says
koi to reply do...nihit, harsh, neil...

Quoted from SPM website:
"Securing Admission and Fee Payment"
Offered Admission Candidates shall secure admission by paying Rs.1,05,000/- as per the Admission Policy on or before 6th Jun, 2012 through any of the modes of payments mentioned below:...

This means any further list if seats are vacant would be uploaded only after 6th June.

So need to wait for some time more... all the best... :cheers::cheerio:
No. of countries in the world r more than d no. of yrs in life,so travel as many places as u can !!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
MilanG Says
why there is no change in the waitlist yet??? admissions full???

koi to reply do...nihit, harsh, neil...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...