SC/ST DISCUSSION - IIM's & MBA (2018-2020)

336 Posts  ·  2,224 Users
About this group

Post any query regarding admissions in IIMs and top B schools.

Page 1 of 34

Hey i have converted IIM Indore yesterday and paid the commitment fees.

Can anyone tell me till when will the payment verification be completed and i will be given a seat confirmation mail?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey guys, CAT is months away from now but wanted a clarification. I've heard while filling up the form, if you belong to any reserved category, you need to fill CAT's provided format, self-attest it,get it sealed by the authority and then upload. Is it so, or you can just upload the certificate produced by your state govt?

2 comments
toshi16
@toshi16  ·  1 karma

Well IIM's are national institutes so it would be better if you would upload in the prescribed format which is a national standard. 

Prevention is better than cure.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
gairikb.iitkgp
@gairikb.iitkgp  ·  38 karma

If you have a valid SC/ST certificate then it suffices. ForOBC-NC they provide a format which you need to get authorized again. For example, this year they asked Notarized affidavit and OBC-NC certificate issued AFTER 1st April 2019

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am planning to buy the 'IMS mock test series' for CAT and the other MBA exams. How many of you are ready to chip in? Please confirm.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

My 10th/12th % are 8.4 and 63.2 and bachelor's of architecture % is 65 ,how much percentile do I need to score to get into IIM,, please help

2 comments
Tanujsarkar
@Tanujsarkar  ·  5 karma

There is nothing very specific about the cat percentile, you may get a call even for 75 percentile. But final selection depends on many other criterias like academic profile, cat percentile, gender diversity, work experience and most importantly the wat & pi . So it is advisable that put your best efforts and then try your luck . Only if you are from reservation category then you will have little more chances than the general category provided you are really a potential candidate. Hope you have understood the logic .

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Tanujsarkar
@Tanujsarkar  ·  5 karma

75 percentile mentioned here for reservation category , for general it will be 85 + percentile. Secondly with that %tile you can expect interview calls only from baby iims.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am selected in iim amritsar paid fees there and now converted iim nagpur also . I am confusion which iim should I join . I myself giving preference to iim amritsar because I am fresher . As iim nagpur have mostly students with workex . If someone have knowledge please help ??

1 comment
Akki_jainwal
@Akki_jainwal  ·  11 karma

Iim nagpur>>iim amritsar

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

ST students willing to withdraw from IIM KOZHIKKODE please do poll

Yes
No
9 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

iim indore group anyone?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Any sc candidate in waiting list with waiting list number more than 18 wants to join vgsom please comment

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Planning to join  a B school. Know the essential items that you carry woth you  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGnBpCXWiSI  

Video Thumbnail46948795273997
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Till how many merit rank has iim ranchi given offer in st

1 comment
vulcan9
@vulcan9  ·  36 karma

MR 168 ST

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment