Sauder Fall 2010 Applicant & Admits

275 Posts  ·  46 Users
About this group
Hello Every1 I have applied to Sauder for Fall 2010. My Profile is as follow: GMAT Score: 610 Work Ex - 3 yrs in Construction & Real Estate Extra Curri: Decent I have applied in R1 and my application is still under review....
Page 1 of 28
Employments have not filled yet. But from what I hear, there are jobs in Vancouver. I think salary is 75-80K in Vancouver. Somewhat higher in Toronto. If you are studying in Toronto, well and good. But if you are not, you can still land up with a job in Toronto.

I chose UBC for country, program duration and value for money. I never applied in US, I had admit in UK, but I chose UBC. Was planning to apply to York but I got UBC with scholarship before I applied, so I took this instead of the expensive and 2 year York.

Just submitted my application.. :)
How long do they take to notify their decision??
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi,
Apologies for the delay. We are almost at the end of our term which ends on Dec 9 after that we should be free. The first term is really hectic.

Vancouver is one of the best cities to be in. I was here even before joining the school, so I liked it. May be others could throw some light on how they felt when they came here for the 1st time for MBA. Vancouver is not the best place to be in Canada from job per se. Toronto is far better as there ample of jobs there.

However, from an ROI per se UBC is one of the best schools. Our fee was 40 grands, now they have increased to 46 grands. Still with 46 grands its on the cheaper side if you compare to better schools like Rotman, Ivey, Queens. For your profile, if you apply early you would get a good scholarship. I had a similar profile to your and I got a 7K scholarship last year.

What else you guys want to know?

Great to hear from you Amit.. Thanks a lot for your inputs.. :)
I've heard from a lot of sources that Vancouver is not as hot as Toronto in job prospects.. But then ROI and low cost are the factors that are pulling me towards UBC..

It'd be great if you could share any info u might have about last batch's employment (especially for Indians)..

Another curiosity.. Wid ur profile, u cud've easily got into Schulich, Rotman or a few good US schools (like Simon, Fisher or maybe Tepper).. Could you please share what prompted u to opt for Sauder?? There must be strong rationale behind your decision.. Since our profiles are pretty similar, your inputs will certainly help me..

I'm going to submit my Sauder application in a couple of days.. 😃
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Yes they have started...
It wud be great if 2010 admits shared their experiiences at Sauder wid us.. :)
I'm thinkin of applyin for Sauder 2011 intake..
Could u pls throw some light on the learning environment, your assessment of the ROI at Sauder.. your inputs will be a key factor for ppl like me who're finalizing on the list of b-schools for apps..

My profile :
GMAT : 710
WE : 4+ IT (at present)
ECs: good
Other Apps : Duke, Kellogg, IESE, Tepper, Simon, NUS
Dings so far : ISB

2010 admits,

We understand that u are tied up wid ur stdies n stuff..
But wud really apprciate it if u cud spare a few minutes to share ur thoughts.. it will help us make well-informed decisions..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Ohhhohoho...so applications for fall 2012 started...

Yes they have started...
It wud be great if 2010 admits shared their experiiences at Sauder wid us.. :)
I'm thinkin of applyin for Sauder 2011 intake..
Could u pls throw some light on the learning environment, your assessment of the ROI at Sauder.. your inputs will be a key factor for ppl like me who're finalizing on the list of b-schools for apps..

My profile :
GMAT : 710
WE : 4+ IT (at present)
ECs: good
Other Apps : Duke, Kellogg, IESE, Tepper, Simon, NUS
Dings so far : ISB
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

I am in a dilemma.. Please help!!
My CGPA is very low (6.4/10) with a II class.
And in the Entry Requirement Section of the Sauder's site, it is mentioned that overall grade reqd. is a First Divison.

Do I still hold a chance or is applying to the college worthless??

Please help me out Puys..

Regards,
Nitesh.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Heyii Rahul, I am expecting to travel in September. My visa is under processing. maybe we can team up.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey Guys...

I have recently been admitted to Sauder, UBC for September 2010 intake. but will be flying real late due to issues in admission, interviews, visa n stuff ...

Would be grateful to know if anyone is already attendin Sauder or has been admitted and is flyin tis september...
want to know accomodation options and stuff...

Rahul Deshpande
Mumbai, India.

Hi Rahul,

Congratulations on your admit and welcome to the Sauder Full Time MBA class of 2012.

There are a lot of folks on this thread who have already reached Vancouver and are attending some of the pre-core modules. Orientation begins in a few days and the rest will be here by then.

As for accommodation, MBA house is full and they are not taking any more applications. You will have to look for off-campus accommodation. When will you be reaching Vancouver?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Guys...

I have recently been admitted to Sauder, UBC for September 2010 intake. but will be flying real late due to issues in admission, interviews, visa n stuff ...

Would be grateful to know if anyone is already attendin Sauder or has been admitted and is flyin tis september...
want to know accomodation options and stuff...

Rahul Deshpande
Mumbai, India.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks Soumyak

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi,

I wanted to know the AMS, GSS, etc. fees are included in tuition or are they over and above the costs?

Thanks,
Sidd

Sidd,

Those are over and above the tuition fees. Do not forget to factor them in while budgeting the total cost of your MBA. Take a look at the expected costs(tuition, AMS, GSS, housing, food, etc) as given on the Sauder website.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...