Satyajit Ray Fans???

19 Posts  ·  11 Users
About this group
Hey all those who grew up with Ray's classics and wanna share some stuff for furhter reading join here. BTW for Non- bengalis information, Penguin publishers has published most of Ray's Work
Page 1 of 2
i quit, seems like its impossible to revive this thread. neway anyone wanting to share some info on ray movies, etc feel free to ping me anytime

cheers

Well, it might be because:

1. Ray movies are rather inaccessible (comparatively, at least. after all, they're not shown on DD or any such)
2. Ray a master filmmaker, hence it is "art" (read: movies that cannot be understood)

Myself, I've watched The Apu Trilogy and liked it a lot. rather depressing, but that in no way takes away anything from the beauty of those films. more later 😃
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
seems like its gonna be very difficult to revive this thread. btw today is ray's birthday (85th i think) and lotsa ray movies on bengalli channels today so even if u don't wanna post on this thread do watch the movies, they're awesome.

cheers

i quit, seems like its impossible to revive this thread. neway anyone wanting to share some info on ray movies, etc feel free to ping me anytime

cheers

seems like its gonna be very difficult to revive this thread. btw today is ray's birthday (85th i think) and lotsa ray movies on bengalli channels today so even if u don't wanna post on this thread do watch the movies, they're awesome.

cheers

c'mon ray fans, where are u all ?? lets revive this thread. i haven't seen all of ray films, some good ones i missed are nayak, chidiyakhana, etc has anybody seen these two movies ??

cheers

gr8 to find a thread dedicated 2 a gr88888888 man..............
he was jenious..........his every movies or stories has something different that can easily touch one's heart........Gupi Gayen Bagha Bayen & Hirak Rajar Deshe........my all time favourite........nobody can make film like these not even spillberg.His movies have a touch of simplicity with xtra ordinary presentation.

never knew such a thread existed, hope it gets revived soon. am a hardcore fan of satyajit ray and have seen most of his films; goopy gyne bagha byne/hirok rajar deshe as a kid, sonar kella/joy baba felunath as a teen and then pather panchali, arnyer din ratri, kanchenjungha, ghare baire, shakha proshakha, etc. am also big fan of soumitra chaterjee, rays favourite poster boy. they sure don't make films ray did nowadays, so simple yet so meaningful. do pour in your views ray fans, he's one of the two indians who ever got an oscar ( other one is bhanu athaiya for costumes in gandhi)

cheers

gr8 to find a thread dedicated 2 a gr88888888 man..............
he was jenious..........his every movies or stories has something different that can easily touch one's heart........Gupi Gayen Bagha Bayen & Hirak Rajar Deshe........my all time favourite........nobody can make film like these not even spillberg.His movies have a touch of simplicity with xtra ordinary presentation.

A great thread got stuck for some time now ... here is another big time fan of this multifaceted genius...I guess he is a national talent but most people contributing to this thread r from Cal or r Bongs ( hope have guessed correctly )....any non bong fan of Mr Ray?

and shilpa, u will get vcd s of ray movies in leading music world or planet M outlets( I guess the bong ones will b dubbed)...for the books as somebody pointed out, Penguin have come out with an English version of his desi SH can check it out.

Amazng thread !!!
I'm a die hard fan of Satyajit Ray. I have almost all of his movies and Feluda is the best. Have u guys read 101 Satyajit its a collection of unpublished short stories of Mr Ray .
Do u guys know he was ambidextrous

hiee...
can u tell me whr can i get the ray movies...i am a new bbay resident...i wud love to hv all his
movies n books...plzz guide thru.....
Amazng thread !!!
I'm a die hard fan of Satyajit Ray. I have almost all of his movies and Feluda is the best. Have u guys read 101 Satyajit its a collection of unpublished short stories of Mr Ray .

have got 101 satyajit ray's short stories also have got shanku omnibus.

well..... amazing didn't know manika da was ambidextreous.
well no surprises he was that kind of man who had
multidimensional talent.

i just miss his presence in the cinemas.

Amazng thread !!!