Sapient/CGI/Infosys/Caritor??

14 Posts  ·  7 Users
About this group
hey guys, I m in a dilemna, I m a fresher, have offers from Sapient CGI Infosys Caritor Please suggest which one should I join?? Help needed badly.
Page 1 of 2
COOLAJ Says
Sapient is offering 2.75 & in Gurgaon

Dude, if u wanna stay near Delhi then go for sapient , if u dont mind going to Blroe then CGI. Though i would say CGI has a small edge over SAPIENT but if u could stay at home in Delhi then i think you should go for Sapient
Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hello Puys !

I am an MBA in Finance (commerce background) with 2+ years of work ex in JP Morgan, Mumbai. I am however, damn pisd off with these back-end jobs in research and hence I am contemplating a change from finance to IT Consulting.

Actually I came to know about the field of IT Consulting only after seeing a couple of ads for the profile given out by Cognizant Tech Services (CTS). I just contacted few batchmates of mine and then I came to know that it is a thriving field where you meet clients, understand their needs and help developing a software or network or blah blah as per their requirements.

In other words, you would be acting as a critical link between coders/ programmers employed in your company and the company's clients and interact with both of them and get the work done.

This has interested me great deal and I really want to get into it but I dont have any IT background and I dont know how to make an entry in the field. Is IT expertise prerequisite for this field? If yes, could I do any courses to make the change possible?

Experienced guys please bombard the thread with your views.

Thanks all.

tkx amitnsitian, u r right that only Sapient will post me in Delhi, rest will b in South India,
but even CGI & Infosys r good companies with big brand names!!
Cud u plz elaborate a bit more about Career growth & stuff in these companies.

u r always welcome :)

as for career growth etc, i have not worked with any of them

but remeber a rule of thumb...it all depends on ur performance and to some extent luck also 😁
rmbt Says
Dude,got confused iwth SAP lab...whats the pkg for this & location they offer!!

Sapient is offering 2.75 & in Gurgaon
hey RMBT, Sapient is different from SAP, both r different companies,
well CGI is offering 2.75

Dude,got confused iwth SAP lab...whats the pkg for this & location they offer!!
Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!
Sap has a bigger brand name among the companies you have mentioned.The growth oppurtunities in SAP are plenty.SAP is in total demand and a great technology to work on.
Of course u will be posted in Gurgaon.Whats the pkg CGI is offering??

hey RMBT, Sapient is different from SAP, both r different companies,
well CGI is offering 2.75
tkx amitnsitian, u r right that only Sapient will post me in Delhi, rest will b in South India,

Sap has a bigger brand name among the companies you have mentioned.The growth oppurtunities in SAP are plenty.SAP is in total demand and a great technology to work on.
Of course u will be posted in Gurgaon.Whats the pkg CGI is offering??
amitnsitian Says
since ur location is delhi, i dont think except sapient u will get a posting even in north india. sapient is a good co, big brand name, in ggn..go for it

since ur location is delhi, i dont think except sapient u will get a posting even in north india. sapient is a good co, big brand name, in ggn..go for it

hey guys, I still have not got enough responses 2 get 2 a final decision.:(
plz letme know your opinion along with the resons behind it!!