Sandeep Gupta IVY GMAT,Bangalore spamming email

20 Posts  ·  44 Users
About this group
HI All,I registered with sandeep gupta for Initial classes,I gave my email ID and started recieving many mails forwarded from students whom he claimed got 770+, he preys on element of greed.My mailbox have been spammed many times over ,I would...
Page 1 of 2

Hi,

He started in Delhi too.

Making BOLD Promises and all, i was fool to follow in the pit.

It was waste of my 29000/. and content is also not very good.

That person has copied all the content from LSAT and he is so fake.

I wont advise anyone to go for it personally. 

2 comments
Alchemist14
@Alchemist14  ·  4 karma

Same here! the worst part is he has taken all the materials from GMATCLUB and given it to us. His notes are written by somebody else or copied from other forums. Guys please dont waste your money on all these coaching centers (especially ivy). You can study gmat on your own all you need is the right materials and sufficient number of mocks.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Alchemist14
@Alchemist14  ·  4 karma

I guess mona and I have wasted a lot of money. Learn from our mistakes please!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Yes, the blog and writing are flamboyant. Yes, the claims are grand. Aren't the accusations about someone's particular score always doubtful. I understand the need for Sandeep to make such a grand presence on-line: he is marketing his product,albeit with his own personality. Unfortunately it is raising doubts amongst some, but some may be swayed to make a purchase of his material.

Now, the prime question would be, "is the material a good investment"

I'll try and answer that with my own experience. 

My need: A self-study guide which would give me similar training and exposure which a coaching class would give.

Ivy-gmat Material: Its a locked USB stick with recorded video sessions and handout materials.

Videos: they are the recordings of his class room blackboard writings with audio. Basically his classroom sessions in video format.

Material: Apart from his proprietary teaching methodology, he is providing you with practice questions and Manhattan and OG guides.

Quality: Videos are clear, Materials are legible without corruption. BTW which teacher can assure you a perfect score? Would you agree that a perfect score depends on the student giving the exam and not just the teacher? 

Purely, on what I'v noticed from his videos, is that, he is someone who is experienced with this exam and who has a rigorous method to help to prepare for a good score. Is Rs20,000 an unfair price for his services? well you do get ALL the material in one go. True you could download various guides from various places, but isnt this more continent and time saving?

If you are hoping to make a purchasing decision, don't go by their blogs, don't even go by the poor service they offer in the centre, their attitudes aren't much assuring. Make your decision knowing this, for a self study preparation, their's is an intensive and exhaustive set of material and guidance. 

I'm not giving away the concepts that I purchased from him, neither am I sponsored by Sandeep to write this. I'm only hoping to give you an unbiased opinion to help you with your preparations.

madness of dreams + calmness of seas
2 comments
miracles15
@miracles15  ·  0 karma

Hi possible to forward the video sessions?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
pagal_pavan
@pagal_pavan  ·  0 karma

If you read the above completely, you would have seen that i wrore "Locked USB". Which means, I physically cannot forward them to you.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  

Need Guidance, i have 2 years and 10 months experience in IT industry, excellent extra curricular activities record during college as well during my job. I am planning to give my GMAT exam in August so need some help to target some schools. Earlier i was planning MBA abroad so started studying for GMAT but now i guess i will not be to afford MBA abroad so want to target schools in India after giving GMAT. All advice are most welcome.

Hi guys.. Not sure about Mr.Gupta.. But i have a PDF with quite a few GMAT questions.. by Sandeep Gupta of Ivy-GMAT.. are the questions good quality?? Worth practising?? I just started GMAT prep so not able to judge.. @scorpionz1686 @rohit170985 @sandesh_

Thanks in advance!
Bye Bye Bhilli
2 comments
Sunil1989
@Sunil1989  ·  0 karma
@ShriR Could you forward me that PDF
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Sunil1989
@Sunil1989  ·  0 karma

please forward it to sunil.sahoo1989[at]gmail.com

Like  ·  Reply  ·  

Guys, I am from Mumbai and I am planning to sit for my GMAT this september. Recently i went through the video of Sandeep Gupta on youtube. I liked the teaching style but now i am not sure whether to opt for its home video classes. In fact i don't know whether it is genuine or not. I am currently studying for the official guide but the questions out there are 8 years of retired questions. i want to get hold to new questions. please can anyone help me out here please.. i am in URGENT need...

1 comment
SJ12
@SJ12  ·  0 karma

did you end up purchasing the video series?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  

u said all these things abt sandeep. Then which coaching center is good in banglore

Hi,

People stay away from IVY, he has copied all the material from Manhattan.
Dont waste your money at IVY.
1 comment
Rocky.Singh
@Rocky.Singh  ·  0 karma

ivy-gmat.blogspot.in/...

Check this blog

What would you say now??, I personally know 2 people (Raghav & Rahul) you can talk to them if you wish to..

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
@DN2686 said:
Arun with all due respect if you would kindly notice, I did not talk of GMAT training or its demerits, all I said (and meant) is that the concepts tested are of high school maths and verbal ability level and one can revise them on his own.Second of all, students are confused about material out there and who better to guide them than some coaching institute who thinks their own material is the best?? Seriously!! Students taking such a major decision in life (to spend lakhs on an MBA) should be able to discern good resources from the not so good resources. Shouldn't they?And last but not the least, I feel self study is better. That is my humble opinion. You are free to agree or disagree with it. But having trained students my own way for quite some time now I would humbly request you not to jump down my throat and judge how well I understand GMAT just because you have a different opinion than me.

Hello DN2686
I know that we shouldn't discuss this as you and arun mentioned but feeling strongly to comment on it so just putting my views on it.I hope you won't mind.
I agree with Arun.
First of all,GMAT is not about just brushing up your concepts and go.It require lot more than that. How to apply those concepts in short span of time. How to read a long passage in short time and answer correctly.How to look for asumptions in an argument and the list goes on.Same goes for Quant.

Second, I would prefer self study instead of coaching institute if I am not able to find a good institue.But If I am able to get it then there is nothing wrong in it to go there.
Let me give an analogy to you.You are going on bike and you know where is your destination but you don't know the direction(I am assuming you don't have google maps :-)).You ask a person who himself doesn't know how to go there but just give you random direction then I don't know when will you reach there. Instead you find a person who knows exactly what direction you should take to reach to your destination then wouldn't that help you.

Third,there are ample amount of books and resources available out there.I can give you 5 GB of GMAT resources and I will ask you to use your analytical mind and give me good resources from there. I am sure you understood where I am going. Its hard to find good resources from so much of material. If someone gives you a guidance which books are good and which resources are better, that would help a person.

Having said that, Self study is equally important too.A coaching institute can give you guidance but its you who has to cross the bridge.

You might agree to disagree on this but I felt its for the people who are looking for guidance.

@Psychodementia exactly!! lets not discuss this further... I thought we had agreed to disagree :)
http://www.myprepmate.com : Unlimited Free Practice for CAT and GMAT
@DN2686 Firstly, this is my last post on the thread as it is not related to the topic discussed.

1. "I feel self study is better. That is my humble opinion. You are free to agree or disagree with it." This is not an emotional argument but a logical one and I just gave my rebuttal.

2. "studying for GMAT at a coaching institute is NEVER a good idea." You cannot make a sweeping statement and get away without having a logical argument around it.

3. "students are confused about material out there and who better to guide them than some coaching institute who thinks their own material is the best??" Kindly peruse the posts by @education-aisle and myself on these forums on the last year and then comment. Infact we maintain that the best "material" is that provided by the Official Guide.

Anyways let us not discuss this further - else please create a new thread.

Arun
India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company: http://crackverbal.com