Salman khan sent to Jail!

55 Posts  ·  54 Users
About this group
http://ia.rediff.com/movies/2006/apr/10salman.htm?q=tp&file;=.htm After Jessica Lal fiasco, it affirms that there is some justice in the country! I feel pity for the hair-weaving clinic in Dubai! :grin: They missed a brand ambassador f...
Page 1 of 6

and on the other a very less unknown man who drives inebrieted and runs over innocent people on the streets...

Salman khan..."unknown man" ?? Did you just have a spacecraft malfunction and make an emergency landing on earth?

a more logical step would have been levying a hefty fine on him and thus end all the judicial rigmarole right there.

"Hefty"? Define hefty. So easy to get away with such vague terms, isnt it? What`s hefty for one man, is pittance for another. Make the fine 1000 rupees and salman would hunt down entire rainforests overnight. Make it 10 crore and it would be too ridiculous for small time criminals to even think of it as a deterrent. Did you just say we should have different fines for different ppl? i thought you also wanted everyone to be equal in the eyes of the law! You know what`s equal in everyone`s eyes? JAIL!

After all its not the stringency of the punishment dat only matters.. its also what deterrent value it has on future perpetrators..

Here`s another concept for you all who think a fine would be fine ().

Rs.25000.....that`s it...that`s the fine imposed on salman! A man who has movies worth 100 crores coming up in the coming months is asked to pay up 25K! My neighbour just completed his 12th and works at a call center @15K. even HE can pay up that much!! By telling him that it takes just 25K to get away from a mess like that, you are only making him a potential "future perpetrator".

Imposing miniscule amounts of fines on people who have mountains of cash only amounts to encouraging them to repeat their offence. The message sent out is: you can pay small change and get away with it. It also sends out the message that hey, if you get caught doing something criminal, dont worry...you can get away with it for less than the cost of the gun you used for the crime! If salman were allowed to pay the fine in kind instead of cash, he would have simply taken off his sunglasses or watch or mobile and walked away!

imposing fines on people who can pay up easily is like putting a price tag on crime...those who can pay up, can go ahead and committ the crime. Lets not make crime "affordable" for the rich!

PS: What`s the price of a human life? Any amount paid either as fine or as compensation in lieu of a killing someone is as good as evaluating the worth of his/her life. Can you put a price tag on the life of a loved one?
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
LongShot| Says
hope all the budding lawyers and future judges currently in ILS, DESLC, NLS, etc. can remedy that...:-

and all the IIM passouts will do is Social Ethics and NGO work.

wel well.. we all knew wats was gonna happen next..salman khan in de headlines once again.and for once our very effecient judicial system in de the limelight...
but all this is so farcical..
On one end a cold blooded murderer roams around freely and a rapist manages to get a jail for a mere seven years.. and on the other a very less unknown man who drives inebrieted and runs over innocent people on the streets gets convicted for a crime which hardly has any precedent. a more logical step would have been levying a hefty fine on him and thus end all the judicial rigmarole right there.
After all its not the stringency of the punishment dat only matters.. its also what deterrent value it has on future perpetrators.. by putting salman khan behind bars it has served no such purpose except that the media had something sensational to flash on primetime and seems like even the judicial system has learnt to play the publicity stunt..it has in a way tried to garner a face saving device after a series of delays and denials...

So Salman Khan's been released on bail....So what's so surprising...Most of us here did kind of expect that.....this just REAFFIRMS my faith in my country's judicial system.....hope all the budding lawyers and future judges currently in ILS, DESLC, NLS, etc. can remedy that...:-|

http://ia.rediff.com/movies/2006/apr/10salman.htm?q=tp&file;=.htm

After Jessica Lal fiasco, it affirms that there is some justice in the country!

I feel pity for the hair-weaving clinic in Dubai! 😁 They missed a brand ambassador for...errr...5 years!

What do you think?
bilkul acha hua........... usko maar maarke aisi sabak sikhao ki usko theek se jeene ki saari tareeke yad aayein............. Good anand u started dis thread..........
jee karta ha ki jail me jau or usko aise maaru aise maaru ki yeh duniya ki saari ladkiyon me usko ek aankh se behn n doosri aankh se ma nazar aayein.......... n jin blakbuk n logon ki khoon ki ha yeh %^&*$#@ woh sab ki aatmaun ko shaanti milein.......

U'v had 2 ppl who supported the Pest out here...U dig deep n u wont b surprised why they did so...

P.S. I hope that a Woman Judge is not allowed to deliver any of the Pest's verdicts...

R.I.P. to (U know who)

cant belive people wasted so much time on a stupid idiot like Salman.

SOmehting shocking - hope its not mentioned -

John Ab-Raham-Kar cut down 2 people while riding his fck all bike which i dont care about.
and no media has spoken about how those two dudes are doing but heck, mumbai times carried out a huge article on how much john;'s bike would take to repair..

what a world!!

ill take the bike o'er the people, please!!

i got emotional i guess . but the point's i've never flinched in expressing my opinion in public / private. i'm sorry for using harsh language out here

I could very well spot from your earlier posts that the "harsh language" (it wasn`t all that harsh actually, ppl have said worse things to me on other threads ) was becoz you feel passionately about this issue....and that you are irritated by the way things are going. It is the intention behind the harsh language that counts...your intentions were good, and that`s why i took the pains to write such a long post.

i've always dreamt of a utopian world & feel very disappointed when all i get's the exact opposite . nothing moves us anymore i guess but there's that upright streak in my blood . my father was an activist in the JP movement & he courted arrest then & went to jail . . but i feel very let down when my genration doesn't feel strongly about anything .

do keep that fire in you burning. try not to extinguish it by confining your ideas to a 3 by 3 cubicle in front of a comp screen.

anyway , all said & done , what i honestly felt was that a fine should've been imposed on sallu & not imprisonment . i'm glad he's been released .

You have your opinions, i have mine. Lets agree to disagree.

crash_test_dummy ! i really appreciate the way you put things . i got emotional i guess . but the point's i've never flinched in expressing my opinion in public / private . i've always dreamt of a utopian world & feel very disappointed when all i get's the exact opposite . nothing moves us anymore i guess but there's that upright streak in my blood . my father was an activist in the JP movement & he courted arrest then & went to jail . i'm sorry for using harsh language out here . but i feel very let down when my genration doesn't feel strongly about anything . the chalta hai attitude irks me . anyway , all said & done , what i honestly felt was that a fine should've been imposed on sallu & not imprisonment . i'm glad he's been released .