Salary At Isb Hyderabad Higher Than The Iims

23 Posts  ·  20 Users
About this group
hi all when i was surfing i jus came to know form the following link that the salaries offered at isb hyderabad r higher than that of those offered in the iims.... http://www.rediff.com/money/2004/mar/31isb.htm how far is it true.......
Page 1 of 3
chevell Says
i think everyone here is missing out on an important point.... ISB post graduates have a prior work ex of avg.3-4 years. thats not the case wid the IIMs. so a logical comparision wud be one of people having same work ex.....:neutral:

And you are missing a bigger point- do NOT bump old threads up when discussions are running parallel !
|| Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity ||
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
chevell Says
i think everyone here is missing out on an important point.... ISB post graduates have a prior work ex of avg.3-4 years. thats not the case wid the IIMs. so a logical comparision wud be one of people having same work ex.....:neutral:

Absolutly...But ISB are packages are as high as 1.04 crore/annum offered to a student just 2 months back & it had made headlines on all the new channel. Because of prior work ex they get awesome laterals at ISB (also at IIM but because of no of freshers avg sal for IIms go down).
Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi!!!

The lateral payments,apart from no of yrs of experience depend on industry to industry and the exact profile u had before ur MBA...

Any idea what are the current salary ranges at isb??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
MSD
@MSD  ·  0 karma
Hi

Would any of u know how many months of work experience are required b4 the MBA to be actually eligible for lateral placements??

Thanks

Generally it should be arnd 22/24 months of workex to be eligible for lateral placements at B Skools...

My view on your observation:
When ever you compare the 'highest' salaries, remember that to get the true picture u need to also see the profile of the single guy(gal ) who got it...
otherwise...best is to compare te avg. salaries...if u havent got a similar profile...does it matter to you wat the highest salary was?...that 'highest' job wont be yours anyway!

Apply quant skills...all Bskools quote a highest salary of say XX lakhs...and then their avg. salary may be less than even half of that...analysis will thus tell you how skewed the salaries are within the same batch...
and this implies that the skewedness is due to the profile of the individual... thus dont get swayed by ONLY highest salaries...
one of the best jobs on a campus ranked lower WILL be better than the worst jobs on a campus ranked higher...it depends on the match of your profile and the insti...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi all
when i was surfing i jus came to know form the following link that the salaries
offered at isb hyderabad r higher than that of those offered in the iims....

http://www.rediff.com/money/2004/mar/31isb.htm

how far is it true....and whats the admission procedure for isb......and the fees.... please help me by answering my queries.......

cya
kapil

Hi

Would any of u know how many months of work experience are required b4 the MBA to be actually eligible for lateral placements??

Thanks
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi

guys look at ISB salary more closely. in mycoompany one guy from ISB came for job, we offered him 30k kinda salary and he said his loan EMI is 50k. the highest salary is 22lakh p.a. and average saklary is 9 lakh and it is not median slary, this means 60-70% junta is below average and is hovering around much lower. further i saw figures that TCS tok some 7-8 students at 4.5 lakh salary,

also see this classic story

http://www.coolavenues.com/placements/2002/isb_02.php3

i think this is the fiurst time hype of ISB was punctured

also see a para about ISB in this article

http://www.coolavenues.com/placements/2004/return_native.php3

Rinku_755, are u associated with Coolavenues in any manner? would very much appreciate a direct answer. so far every single post of yours has cited articles from that site, not that we have a major porblem with that, but sure wud like to know....and i guess, the junta here wud be better off if they have an idea of who is posting what.... :)

Cheers
|| Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity ||
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

saw the photo of isb college.looks like a five star hotel.wonder if a guy from a middle class background will get an inferiority complex(guess most students will be from an affluent background)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

read in the BUSINESS WORLD ... ISB has a fee of 13 lakhs ... that is a deterrent !!!

also, they already have 250 students in a course .. they havent' recovered their costs in 4 years .. to do that they would require to up the intake to 500 !!!

well .. starting salaries should not be the only criterion ... that's all i can say ...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...