Saabzi On Call

9 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
I have a great idea and I would be happy if anyone cud Implement it In India we have a lot of saabziwalas on the road. THey wash the vegetables on the road and make a mess. THis is also very unhigenic To avoid this we can actually start a p...
Page 1 of 1

There's one more point .... vegetables re highly perishable goods ... they require low temp to store them ... ( that why most supermarket fitted with AC etc ... exception Subhiksha )

Now one shd minimize losses in order to get max profit ...

so basis query is, how we can predict daily requirement ... eg. what if we purchased 100kg aaloo & there's order for only 40 kg ... what you are going to do with rest of them ... where you going to store them ....

there might be a case that demand exceed supply ... assume you have only 4 kg of aaloo left & a customer asks for 5KG along with other goods ... now in this case, you cant tell him that you can supply only 4 kg ( u cant expect him to purchase 4 kg from you & for 1kg go to reliance)... if you do he neither purchase aaloo or any other veg from you nor he'll ever ring back again

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

well good concept but then i have my doubts it wont work out, some of my observations and opinions, which has not yet been discussed:

1) Sabji booking on phone call: how will you manage the transportation and route mapping. For just one call at one locality, you cannot go and sabji being an item whech will be required for immediate cooking, ppl would expect preety fast TAT, which will be tough to manage, there fore you cannot wait for 3-4 orders from a common geographical area to optimise cost

2) You cannot charge a huge premium for the service or else it will a hit a very niche market, which wont work on a cost-benefit analysis. Also during time of budget control, first hit generally comes in daily expenditure which majorly includes edibles

3) If i am not wrong, we are not doing order booking right, which for eg: customer ordering 2 Kg aloo, 1 kg bhindi..500 grams garlic et all...we take the order, pack exact quantity and send it accross for home delivery, for this is what present incumbents are doing and it will need huge financial muscle to take on them. What we are suggesting is customer says i need 2 kg aloo, i kg bhindi..500 gms garlic et all...we have a standard ratio of how much to carry for a customer to choose and we take that specified sku to the customer. If this is the plan, it will be impossible to manage, first the tokri size sku, and then each sku will be different that means customsed for each individual, hell lot of stock management/order management/logistics based issue will be faced

4) Next comes vendor management, as discussed in point number 1, to actually implement this model on ground, we will need more touch points/feets on street, if we have a central or maybe partially distributed processing and stocking point, then managing these vendors will be tough as these vendors will be mobile and therefore communication/stock replenishment will face both cost and time constraints

This post is not to discourage the idea generator, as all realities have started with an idea only, its just to deliberate on these issues so that the final biz plan is more saleable

ciao..

catapult
@catapult  ·  1,270 karma

Where exactly is the value addition from what is happening right now? Except that instead of spending a few calories on going to a vegetable store nearby, I would spending a few bucks on the phone call

Thread open for more intellectual discussion

There is value addition. Come to think of it, Bachelors like me who work the whole day, come back home at 8 PM, don't want to eat the junk outside. I still prefer to come back home and cook some chawal, dal, sabji for myself. 😃 Such cases, I wouldn't mind to see a bag of vegetables delivered at my door before I come. I would have called up the sabzi-on-call service and ordered some veggies. (And I would want to pay online, Vinay ;))

Think about house-wives in high rise apartments in the middle of the city. They want to make tasty alu-palak when their hubbies return home in the evening. 😃 They may not be willing to go some 5-6 Kms to Reliance Fresh, or a Food world. They would just call and order.

I do see some opportunities like these for this idea. Having said that there are many challenges here. This service should be unique - Try to keep service charges as low as possible. Procure a wide range of stuff that may not be available usually in your reliance fresh etc. Throw in extra services like Cut vegetables, Sprouts and sometimes cooked food as well.

Think more, Vinay. :)

Hi Apurv,

Thanks for the reply. Your reply was a bit thought provoking.:)
I will explain the concept in detail....

1. Purchase all the vegetables in the market directly from the farmers.......
( Volume will reduce the cost )
2. The sabzi valas will not hv any sabzi to sell.......
3. Hire the to sell vegetables at a lower rate than the market
4. The customer will gv us a call and we will send the sabzi wala with the tokri containing range of saabzis to the customers place
so the customer (ur mom in this case) can see the sabzis herself and select

The idea is raw........I agree and extremely difficult to implement......but its worth a try

I have a great idea and I would be happy if anyone cud Implement it
In India we have a lot of saabziwalas on the road. THey wash the vegetables on the road and make a mess. THis is also very unhigenic

To avoid this we can actually start a place where we can purchase all the vegetables
wash them, process them so that they don't loose their nutritional value and then sell them. It may sound a bit stupid but if we actually sit down and work on it we will find a solution to this complex problem.

I have the following plan
1. Hire the sabziwalas to carry this saabzi to people as they usually do
2. Takes Saabzi on call ( ie client will give us a call and we will send the saabzi to client)
Here the client will have the opportunity to select the desired vegetable from the range available in the tokri.

This over it.

Vinay Kalap

With Reliance Fresh and Food Bazaar and Subhiksha, I wonder if this idea is obsolete. For them implementing home delivered vegetables is a matter of adding a small additional service.

The other aspect of it is that people like to examine vegetables with their own hands before buying them. Example - depending on which kind of Bhindi ki Sabzi you want to cook, you have to choose the bhindi accordingly. If you are going to make masala-fill bhindi, it's important that the pointed end of the bhindi snaps and breaks when you poke it with the thumb. But if you are going to chop the bhindi, that parameter ain't as important.

I don't think my mom's gonna outsource such finer details to somebody else. 😁
I come in peace. Take me to your leader. http://www.twitter.com/apurv

LMAO

This thread has a lot of potential

And thou are the entrepreneur in the making

and i am so jealous:neutral::neutral::neutral:

some one tried this sabzi on phonecall in Dwarka (New Delhi) fizzledout within two months. now one more fellow is trying the same in Dwarka. The reason for failing in the eariler instance is probably cost and quality

vinay_kalap Says

Same here.. I have many ideas... just no one to implement it :whatthat:

In India we have a lot of saabziwalas on the road. THey wash the vegetables on the road and make a mess. THis is also very unhigenic

I am yet to see a sabziwaala who washes vegetables on road. Probabaly I am visiting the wrong roads

To avoid this we can actually start a place where we can purchase all the vegetables
wash them, process them so that they don't loose their nutritional value and then sell them. It may sound a bit stupid but if we actually sit down and work on it we will find a solution to this complex problem.

Subikhsha, Reliance Fresh, Spencers anyone?

2. Takes Saabzi on call ( ie client will give us a call and we will send the saabzi to client)
Here the client will have the opportunity to select the desired vegetable from the range available in the tokri.

Where exactly is the value addition from what is happening right now? Except that instead of spending a few calories on going to a vegetable store nearby, I would spending a few bucks on the phone call

Thread open for more intellectual discussion

This over it

Vinay Kalap