S3 Asia MBA - Anyone Game?

83 Posts  ·  31 Users
About this group
Guys, Am starting a new thread for the all new tri-country MBA starting in Fall 2008.... The inaugural S3 Asia MBA will provide students with a global business education that will prepare them for senior leadership positions in majorbusi...
Page 1 of 9

does anyone get final acceptance mail from NUS.. ?

I gave interview 2 weeks back.. waiting for result.. no signs yet..
please help
1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Howz S3 MBA job prospects post MBA..how easy and how difficult is the same

Continuous learning is the best way of defense
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@abhi1982

Hi V,Congrats on getting so many offers. The choice of program depends on your future career choice...If you want to specifically work in China alone - then you can apply for the PKU-NUS or S3 Asia MBA program. The S3 program has better reach in the sense you get to experience 3 dynamic cultures - China, Korea and Singapore. If you want a career in Asia, I would strongly recommend one of these double degree programs where you study in multiple locations.Btw, I forgot to mention, I'm from the first cohort of the S3 Asia MBA :)Regards,Abhinav

Dear Abhi,

hope u guys are all doin well professinally and personally. I have an admit to the S3 prog. Could you please suggest whether the prog is still a good bet? Thanks.

2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Has anyone got an admit for 2013?

2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I would like to add. .this is he most comprehensive discussion about S3 Asia MBA course that I could find on the internet. Thanks to all the Alumni

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I got an interview invite for S3 Asia MBA program. Can anyone help me with the interview exp and the ques

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

For those of you applying to S3 Asia, let me enlighten you further: I am not certain about this...BUT...I don't even know if admissions deliberations for S3 Asia will even begin until the spring of next year! Let me explain why a bit more - Korea University won't even begin to consider S3 applications (nor even the applications for its own Global MBA program) until March 2012, when the admissions windows for these programs close.

As such, I am not even certain if NUS has discussed or shared any S3 applicants' profiles with the partner schools, especially KU. This is all supposition on my part but I find it hard to imagine that the three schools could fully evaluate the candidates who have already applied via FuDan and NUS given that the majority of KU's applicants to the S3 program won't even begin submitting applications until 2012! This autumn, I inquired w/ KU about what would happen if I were to submit my application to the S3 Asia program via KU in November 2011 and the staff responded by saying they would not even begin to review the application until March 2012!

Therefore, I am willing to bet that NUS, KU, and FuDan won't even discuss the S3 applications until later on in the sping of 2012. I thus think that, by default, if one applied to S3 Asia via NUS then one is going to have to wait longer as the admissions systems of all three schools are not quite synced up and that a "waitlist" result at this point is to be expected if one's application meets the minimum standards. By the way, having reserched all the major Korean MBA programs, I can state that all of their admissions cycles for Aug. 2012 enrollment only commence on Jan. 2, 2012. I would thus have faith and be ready to wait quite a bit longer for a decision on the S3 Asia program...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi raymondnagar,
Sorry for really late reply. GMAT score is just one of the criteria for admission in any B school and S3 Asia is not an exception. In our batch, among students admitted by NUS, GMAT score ranges from 630-640 to 760. Experience, contribution to employer, essays and overall quality of application can offset lower GMAT score.
Let us know if you need more information.

hi all,
I am considering to apply for S3 Asia MBA.
I am just wondering , if you guys wanna share, the range of GMAT score for whoever got admission for the S3 Asia program.
Anyone?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi all,
I am considering to apply for S3 Asia MBA.
I am just wondering , if you guys wanna share, the range of GMAT score for whoever got admission for the S3 Asia program.
Anyone?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
darsh11 Says
You have accepted the offer? Have u gathered d necessary info abt it? If yes kindly share it with me

hi Darsh11,
Sorry for reaching out so late to you (I was stuck in some office work and travels.) I have got admission offer and I have decided to accept it. I have got fair bit of information about the course and have shared most of it on the google group for S3 admits (S3ASIAMBA_admits2011 | Google Groups). Send me a private message and I shall give my contact details.
Just FYI, your queries regarding cost of accommodation and tuition fees are addressed in the S3 MBA brochure.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...