S P Jain Center of Management (SPJCM) - Dubai/Singapore Apr'12 Intake

757 Posts  ·  180 Users
About this group
Hello everyone, Admissions for the SP Jain Global MBA April 2012 intake are now open. Check out the details here: http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/international-indian-mba-schools-accepting/19365-ask-sp-jain-dubai-singapore-778.html Th...
Page 1 of 76
@soumik.ganguly Close the thread
twitter.com/cynicalruchi cynicalruchi.wordpress.com/
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

guyz i am confused between pursuing MSE(masters in international business) from university of MANCHESTER OR pursuing MGB(masters in global business) from spjain school of global management (tri-city - dubai singapore sydney )........please give ur worthy reviews?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

what type of profiles are offered after gmba(for cmm)?except sales..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello,

Anyone attending the May 26th Evaluations in Mumbai?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi

I am looking for the Sept Intake.I currently have 22 months work ex and by sept it would be 27 month.Could you please tell me if I am eligible for GMBA. If not how is MGB different from GMBA.Is it too a tri city model? and how are the job prospects afte MGB. PLease guide
4 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@User666 while I feel sorry for you buddy, please don't try to portray SPSGM in a bad light!

@Rest: I don't have much time for these discussions, However a sincere suggestion. Please don't let salary alone be your decision or don't go with one or two students info as college info. Our placements started in Jan'13 and it's rolling placements (will be having placements till June'13). Ppl who got rejected in 1 or 2 interviews may be frustrated and ppl who got placed will be elated! I can comment from Dubai batch, around 30% got placed already and majority will be placed in coming months.

So don't let this salary details and other placements stuff influence your decision. I am a proud SP Jainite and took the toughest decision of my life to leave a comfortable job within an IT giant (6 yrs exp). I can proudly say that last one year is a life changing experience, I got every dime worth of investment...More importantly the 1 year I spent!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@User666 said:
Completely not worth ur time..would definitely advise u to look elsewhere...
You are given various tools and excellent faculty! If you can't utilize them then god helps!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Jdec @hydrogenball : You could be assured the questions would be manageable and wont go over the top of your head. You should be wise enough in managing your time considering it is a test of just 60 minutes and you have close to 45 questions. I do not rem exactly the questions asked, although from the GK point of view, if you have been reading news-papers on a regular basis and browsing through news articles, then this section would be a piece of cakewalk for you. Regarding verbal section, well you can expect one lengthy RC passage followed by 3 to 5 questions, again this would not be on easy lines. Coming to quant section, if your basics are strong, then you would be able to crack the questions easily, you could expect one question on profit and loss for sure....rest there were a few visual based questions which again requires more of common sense then technical knowledge to crack it.

Overall, you should ensure that all the questions carry negative marks so just be careful while answering. If you have sincerely studied for any mba entrance exam, then you do not need to worry as your basics in that case would be strong and you find the SP JAT to be easy. May be the GK section could act as the deciding factor.

I hope i was able to answer your query if not in detail but at least in general.

Gud luck !

I Never Wanted What I Gave up & I Never Gave Up What I Wanted !
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Jdec @hydrogenball

SP Jain considers the scores of CAT, GMAT and SPJAT..

There are many people who have got through after giving the SPJAT exam, with me being one of them.

Regarding the selection criteria, I have taken this out from the college website

"S P Jain requires candidates to take one of the following aptitude tests: GMAT, CAT or SPJAT (S P Jain Aptitude Test). Candidates may apply even if they have not yet taken the aptitude test, or if their scores are pending. However, candidates will not be shortlisted for evaluation until they submit final test scores. S P Jain accepts the best score from any of these tests."

There is a SPJAT sample paper in the website.

Go to Admissions--->FAQ's
Select the Category/topic as Aptitude tests
and the sample paper will be there in the last question

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@Jdec said:
Hello guys,I have applied for May'13 intake. I have not given GMAT or CAT and I will be giving SPJain's aptitude test on 10th March.Can anyone of you got through this track? Can you share some of the test questions if you remember? Of all the alumni profiles or even pagalguy forums I have not found anyone who got shortlisted after giving aptitude test. All the students have given either CAT or GMAT.So would like to know selection criteria.
I am also having same query as I was not able to find any dedicated thread about the same. I am planning to give SPJAT exam.

Everyday is an opportunity to improve tomorrow's past
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...