RTI submitted & further info

3 Posts  ·  2 Users
About this group
The reason to create this \- i got couple of PMs how to do it \- it might be lying in some thread somewhere but i didn't have enthu of going through each page (neither i believe many others will have) \- this was the reason i created a thre...
Page 1 of 1

I didnt want to go to bank etc for 10-20 rs therfore asked my friend to do the same who is in A (you can make a DD/ cheque i believe)

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Where did u paid the fees? shld we send a DD with this letter ?

The reason to create this
- i got couple of PMs how to do it
- it might be lying in some thread somewhere but i didn't have enthu of going through each page (neither i believe many others will have)
- this was the reason i created a thread earlier but it was closed
Please keep it clean and only with suggestion what question can be asked in the application & any question to me just in case. I just need answer to one question - does someone remember the link where it was written all papers will be of similar difficulty level. It would be helpful if I can get that link...!!!

Submit at IIMA you can find the address here:
IIMA>The Institute>Information-RTI (in left pan there is link JS link hence i couldn't paste - Officer-RTI)
(I have asked my friend to do the same - as i was not sure what the fees amount is & i didnt want to pay even a single rs. extra to them ... anyways fees will be between rs. 10-50)

I am poor in English (so correct if their are errors in the matter - i strangely got 96 in VA btw but again other were screwed by the normalization (hoping so)) Here is the matter:

To,
Mr. K.S. Joshi
Public Information Officer (PIO)
Indian Institute of Management
Vastrapur
Ahmedabad 380 015

Subject: Information under RTI 2005

Dear Sir,

I appeared in CAT 2009 which was conducted by IIM Ahmadabad. My Reg No. for the test was SRxxxxxx. I gave the test on 4th Dec, 2009 at city (centre).

I would like to know the following under RTI act:

- Number of answer right and wrong, section-wise

- My absolute scores in the CAT 2009 without applying psychometric equivalences to the paper

- What would my percentile have been if this 'psychometric equivalences' was not applied? Can you please give the DAY percentile (the day I gave the test) as well as overall? (Without applying psychometric analysis)

- In the initial notice i.e. before the exam it was declared and always maintained that 'ALL PAPERS WILL BE OF SIMILAR DIFFICULTY LEVEL' but after the papers were over it has been mentioned that "The scores reported are the scaled scores arrived at by establishing psychometric equivalences to adjust for any variation in difficulty levels across the tests."
Can you please tell when and how this particular decision was changed. If it was before the exam, why were students not notified about the same?

- How the psychometric equivalences was applied in general and particularly to my case to arrive at the reported scores. Can you please give a proper and detailed explanation? Besides that can you also tell that were it the sectional marks which were scaled or was each question mark was scaled? Can you please tell how this psychometric equivalence has been arrived at?

A fee for the same is submitted in cash.

Please feel free to contact me back for any other clarification.

Thanks,

Shubham Lahoti
mail-id
Lahoti Sadan,
Chhawani Road,
Kota
Rajasthan - 324007
Ph 09703204044

I used the reference from

How to submit a RTI Application - RTI Guide
How to file an RTI Petition? | Emotionally Speaking

I also feel the questions I asked won't fetch me answers but just to satisfy myself I asked these tough questions.