Rotman Vs Some US B Skools

5 Posts  ·  81 Users
About this group
Hi Guys, I am in a state of choosing the right skool and thought of seeking your advise. I have admits from Rotman, BC, Rice, Vanderbilt while UMN and Georgetown might be coming through... I am basically looking at Consulting, looking for ...
Page 1 of 1

Rotman Vs Georgetown? What are your thoughts? I am a Chartered Accountant and looking to build a career in Private Equity.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Dear Sumit:

Planning for a career in consulting? Rotman is NOT the place to go in Canada, Ivey is a much stronger school (and far more reputed than Rotman) in this area. Check its post MBA stats, no bluff. And Ivey outperforms all the other US schools you have mentioned plus finding a job in Canada (Europe and US too) for consulting will be WAYYYYYYYY easier. Hope this helps

Have a look at Rotman and Ivey's stats for Consulting - They are the same... Juts that Ivey's salaries seem a bit higher but then that is too short term. I am not sure of this notion that Ivey is better for Consulting bcos all big Consulting companies to Rotman and Ivey and the placements are bang same...

So what draws out that conclusion, plus I believe it is better to be in Toronto... So that was for Ivey and Rotman.... Neways I am not that bothered abt Ivey as I do not want case based and kill my chances in Fin...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Guys,

I am in a state of choosing the right skool and thought of seeking your advise. I have admits from Rotman, BC, Rice, Vanderbilt while UMN and Georgetown might be coming through...
I am basically looking at Consulting, looking for your advise. I am slightly inclined towards Rotman bcos of its reputation. I know most ppl fancy Rotman in Finance but it place 25% in consulting (A proportion equal to the big US B Skools as well as Ivey) and that too big consulting firms like AT, Bain, Booz, BCG and McK....While Georgetown does have similar placement records, most of the students seem to get consulting jobs in the public sector where it would be tough for internationals to get through.
While the others like Rice, Vandrbitl and UMN place abt 15% of the class into Consulting...
Look forward to your comments...
Cheers
Sumit

Dear Sumit:

Planning for a career in consulting? Rotman is NOT the place to go in Canada, Ivey is a much stronger school (and far more reputed than Rotman) in this area. Check its post MBA stats, no bluff. And Ivey outperforms all the other US schools you have mentioned plus finding a job in Canada (Europe and US too) for consulting will be WAYYYYYYYY easier. Hope this helps

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am basically looking at Consulting, looking for your advise. I am slightly inclined towards Rotman bcos of its reputation. I know most ppl fancy Rotman in Finance but it place 25% in consulting (A proportion equal to the big US B Skools as well as Ivey) and that too big consulting firms like AT, Bain, Booz, BCG and McK....While Georgetown does have similar placement records, most of the students seem to get consulting jobs in the public sector where it would be tough for internationals to get through.
While the others like Rice, Vandrbitl and UMN place abt 15% of the class into Consulting...
Cheers
Sumit

A big question should also be how wasy is it to get a work permit coming out of thes US BSchools. You might get placed, but not all employers will be willing to sponsor your work permit. I think employers are easily willing to sponsor your H1 if you come out of the biggies like H/S/W M7.... outside these colleges, you will have to get to contact international students from these schools to find out about how it works....

For Rotman...I guess you musta already heard that you can apply for PR as soon as you land there and should have it in your hand by the time you are an MBA. so the work permit issue can be put aside..... This is just one aspect I guess in favor of Canada... I'm sure junta out here have more stuff to pour in favor of both countires..... all the best in your decision.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Guys,

I am in a state of choosing the right skool and thought of seeking your advise. I have admits from Rotman, BC, Rice, Vanderbilt while UMN and Georgetown might be coming through...
Cheers
Sumit
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...