Rotman MBA Class of 2014 Aspirants

998 Posts  ·  134 Users
About this group
Hi Puys, The previous thread has become too bulky hence starting a new one.. Useful details can be found at the previous thread - http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/international-indian-mba-schools-accepting/13228-admitted-rotman-business-sc...
Page 1 of 100

Give it a Try Guys: Wisdom Benches GMAT Demo Class on 29th December, 2013. Register now. http://t.co/BdEQywuEty

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys please feel free to share ur thoughts on my above post...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
sandymba2012 hi sandy..having gone through your posts at pguy, I really felt you would be able to give me clarity on strategy and innovation track @ rotman. I lead an innovation team in a Russian corp in gurgaon, have 8 years work ex in design, 2 post grads-1 from IIT Delhi, was mobile phone designer with Samsung for 3 years with 6 months exp in USA and Korea, was an international baseball player and national quizzer. I have my rotman interview on 11th feb despite 1360 gre.

I wanted to learn frm you about companies that absorb rotman students in strategy and innovation track and ones who engage with design works club at rotman other than consulting like IDEO. Does Rotman get corporates with strategy positions. I m also writing in to designworks too but wanted to hv ur take on the same also. I m confident it would be worth it. Thanks so much. Appreciate your contribution to the forum!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@macjas said:
Hey guys, I think its time to start a Rotman MBA Class of 2015 Aspirants. Can someone start a new thread?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey guys, I think its time to start a Rotman MBA Class of 2015 Aspirants. Can someone start a new thread?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@reviliant said:
Hey Rahul, They are asking the colleges to send transcripts. Any idea what measures are you taking for this particular point.
@reviliant I messed up with my transcripts first time. I couldn't visit my college due to my schedule so asked a friend of mine to collect and send transcripts to Rotman. However, it was not sealed and hence deemed as unofficial...
Then, I had to call her again, and this time made sure than registrar seals and signs the envelop. It was sent again and acknowledged by Rotman, though I had to shell out another 1500 bucks..

So, make sure that you collect the transcripts, get them stamped, put them in an envelop, and get it sealed and duly signed by college authorities before you courier them..

This process applies to all B-schools (and for some you may need to send 'transcript request form' as well), although depends on whether you need to submit them during application or after admit!

Hope this helps!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@sjmit4 Thanks sjmit4! Playing the waiting game is quite strenuous...however I feel comforted looking at the relatively large amount of invites on this thread
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey guys there is no need to worry ... results are on the way for interview and people who have submitted the application need not worry as last year lot of people waited for 2 months for interview call and converted in 1 weeks after that while I got interview call immediately and got admit mail after 8 weeks 😃 so hold on there

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Go_for_it said:
@trailblazer123Could you let us know your profile...especially the GMAT score? I applied on 7th Oct and received the confirmed application email by 15 Oct...but no news yet...a little concerned that this might be due to a low GMAT score..
Typical - Indian IT Male/ 4 WE/ 740 GMAT/ decent extra curicullars.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@reviliant hey. you're more than welcome to ask. I'm no one to judge, but they'll consider quite a few factors in your application besides just your GMAT score and the years of experience. Comparing it to the statistics of the Rotman demographic, you have more work experience than the class average (a plus) and your GMAT is lower than the class average (a minus)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...