Road to the IIM Call

38 Posts  ·  26 Users
About this group
yeah...there are so many questions cropping up in my mind..how do these guys prepare...how long do they prepare, how many hours a day..what do they stress upon...is it true THAT IF U WORK, u can focus better coz then, u cut off the craps from ur p...
Page 1 of 4
LIke for us we had CL on saturday , TIME from 8-10 or so and IMS from 10:30-12:30
dont ask how ppl managed. i took TIME and CL and wrote SIMs in my room though i must confess writing SIMS was a pure waste of time :oops:

I wrote both IMS and Time tests every sunday. IMS was in the mornings and TIME tests were held both in the morning and in the afternoon here in Bangalore.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Excellent section wise guidlines dear...Would u tell me Apart from SIM wat all tests shall one take? I mean will I be able to manage if I enrol for TIME AIMs and CL MOCKs as well...I m a working proffessional...Will be glad 2 hear a word from u regarding this...
Regards
"Work hard to get what you like or u will b forced to like what u get"

well the problem with AIMs and SIMs and CLmocks is that most of them are on a sunday. though IMS's SIMCATS are on alternate weekends {same with CLs} TIME AIMs are held every sunday. So talk to ur centre incharge of the respective Coaching Centres and discuss abt the timings.

LIke for us we had CL on saturday , TIME from 8-10 or so and IMS from 10:30-12:30
dont ask how ppl managed. i took TIME and CL and wrote SIMs in my room though i must confess writing SIMS was a pure waste of time :oops:

cheers.

me too not favor classrooms ,
may b test series(may b)
best of luck

hello guys

i had done fairly well in CAT (5 calls) and i think the MAIN thing that helps in a CAT (or for that matter any MOCKCAT) is NOT having an ego.

Bend over to the paper and accept that the paper setter is greater than u are and that he can set questions much beyond ur capability.
How this attitude helps is that u dont tend to spend more time over questions. Accepting that u cant solve a question becomes easier andu can quickly move on to the next one and thereby save time and score more.

Also ur attitude counts. CAT in my opinion is as much a attitude test as a Aptitude test.
Be your own self while doing the paper. DO it how u r comfortable follow ur own strategy. Dont follow someone else only because he does well. Experiment with all kinds of papers ( xerox from all classes and solve as many as u can) and then work out ur optimum strategy.

cheers
Pushkar

Guys, read about Indyan's CAT/MBA experiences at
http://indyan.rediffblogs.com/
Awesome!

Hi ,
:wink: It was straight from my mind.Will be helpful for someone who is preparing for an MBA entrance exam with a hectic job in hand.

http://indyan.rediffblogs.com/2004_23_05_indyan_archive.html#1085486309.

I feel we need to start a B School Bloggers thread soon with only URLs being listed.So many of PGites like GT, Stiffmaster,mango,Simba +++++ etcc is into active blogging these days and MBA aspirants may find "what is happening in a B School?" interesting.

Posting the orginal link in archive format because it may be lost soon and hope everyone will find the resources I have listed useful.

Thanx for the nice words GT 😛
Cheerz
~indyan

Excellent section wise guidlines dear...Would u tell me Apart from SIM wat all tests shall one take? I mean will I be able to manage if I enrol for TIME AIMs and CL MOCKs as well...I m a working proffessional...Will be glad 2 hear a word from u regarding this...
Regards
"Work hard to get what you like or u will b forced to like what u get"

went throught this thread an found that the hot discussion is about for/against classroom coaching!!!

personally i feel that coaching will help in the longer run....
i am not saying this because i am going to join a class... but because guys like me who work do need a schedule to work upon...

more over it is not the coaching aspect only that we are talking here... as many pointed out there are the tests that we talk that helps in evluating us...

but accordind to me something most unique in a classroom training is the interaction with others

we can see where we stand... i may feel very confident about my performance if i have no one to compare my performance with....

had the preparation be done in a very short period then i feel that Classroom is of not much use...
but with a duration of aboout 6 months i think keeping ourself motivated for such a long period is very hard...

ATB to CAT 04 aspirants...

Lets crack it guys

hi dimwitz
ur inputs ve been of gr8 help to all of us...
if there r any more suggestions or guidance from ur side pls put it up...
all the best
cheers

Guys, read about Indyan's CAT/MBA experiences at
http://indyan.rediffblogs.com/
Awesome!

the STIFFmaester Says
Whether you prep at home or attend a classroom program , the most imp thing is taking a lot of tests and analysing them thoroughly . The formula I used to follow is : 2hr test = 3-4 hr analysis .

:shocked: 3 hours analysis??? At best, I would do it for 1 hour or so I only analysed my quant performance. I was confident about doing well in VA and DI, so I only really had to work specifically on QA.

But what about section tests? Did you guys take them as well? I had the whole day to prepare - so for 1 month before the 2 CATs, I would write one full length test in the morning and 2 section tests every afternoon.