Rejected again.... and now I need some advice.

78 Posts  ·  49 Users
About this group
Amid all the converts and succeses that we usually see on PG, there are some puys( I being one of them) who are repeatedly rejected at the final stage i.e. GD and Personal Interview. We get decent scores in written exams, give our best effor...
Page 1 of 8
RvP
@RvP  ·  0 karma
The foll is the profile of one of the PUYs, DEVILSALIVE. He has got in to IIM-I despite poor acads.

Category:NC-OBC
X:80% (cbse)
XII:61.4% (cbse)

Grads- B.Tech Electrical
65.33% (till 7th sem)(Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Engineering,Pune)

Work exp (if any) in months and industry: nil (Fresher)
CAT score with sectionals:
VA-88.33
QA-93.89
DI-91.75
OVERALL-95.62
Calls: IIM-C,I,Ranchi
Converts: IIM I
Waitlisted: IIM Ranchi
Joining:IIM I

i guess bad academics can be overpowered by the good PI's.

I profoundly believe that all the weaknesses can be overcome by a very good performance in GD and PI. I hv seen a myriad of students with WORSER ACADS than U getting into IIMs, esp IIM-C.

U cannot revisit ur past and change the already recorded events, can U??
Its imperative that U put ur best effort in ur Interview prep. Its also vital to accept one's failures and take responsibility for the same. Its worthwhile to remember that everyone who gets into an IIM doesn't have an extraordinary profile.

Hence, please do an introspective analysis of your interviews and try to zero-in on the areas where you can improve. I'm sure that if one remains honest about oneself, victories will start pouring in despite one's inherent weaknesses. Hope this helps you. PM me if you require any guidance. ATB for a bright future.

I personally know a general category candidate with similar acads and 99.54 overall in CAT who did not even get a call from IIM I

Just wanted to point out that acads do play spoilsport for a majority of participants, getting 99.54 did not help him get a call due to his acads
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Everyone

Here is my share of rejection

X -82.16-2002

XII-90.44-2004

B Tech-NIT ROURKELA ,2009-8.46 CGPA

CAT 2009-99.53

No IIM calls MDI ,NITIE waitlisted

CAT 2010-99.68

IIM A ,C ,L ,I

converts -IIM L(ABM)

IIM C wl(39)

Currently working as an Analyst in a MNC bank and completely devastated
Don't know if i have it in me to go for one more year!

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
ri891 Says
hey bhai!! hello r u der??? i was talking about your this post.........

kindly mention whom you are referring to...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey bhai!! hello r u der??? i was talking about your this post.........

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

After valuable advices, I think joining is better option as one may end up being in avg college, not what one deserves!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hmm...
After strait rejects by so many colleges irrespective of the GDPI performance what I feel is I might be ejected coz of lower profile

see here it is...

10th: 74
12th: 71
B.Pharmacy: 56
Extra curric: not on paper
Love chess, trading in stock market, tracked stock market for 5 years..

but not all interviews allowed me to showcase my extra currics
but I got rejected in all those where the interviewer got so engaged in my hobbies that he starteed discussing his favourit stocks wid me and asked my view on it.. Now tell me is it the rejection coz of PI..

simply no.. as they rejected me coz of my lower profile, lower marks throughout my career...:oops::oops::oops:

The foll is the profile of one of the PUYs, DEVILSALIVE. He has got in to IIM-I despite poor acads.

Category:NC-OBC
X:80% (cbse)
XII:61.4% (cbse)

Grads- B.Tech Electrical
65.33% (till 7th sem)(Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Engineering,Pune)

Work exp (if any) in months and industry: nil (Fresher)
CAT score with sectionals:
VA-88.33
QA-93.89
DI-91.75
OVERALL-95.62
Calls: IIM-C,I,Ranchi
Converts: IIM I
Waitlisted: IIM Ranchi
Joining:IIM I

i guess bad academics can be overpowered by the good PI's.

I profoundly believe that all the weaknesses can be overcome by a very good performance in GD and PI. I hv seen a myriad of students with WORSER ACADS than U getting into IIMs, esp IIM-C.

U cannot revisit ur past and change the already recorded events, can U??
Its imperative that U put ur best effort in ur Interview prep. Its also vital to accept one's failures and take responsibility for the same. Its worthwhile to remember that everyone who gets into an IIM doesn't have an extraordinary profile.

Hence, please do an introspective analysis of your interviews and try to zero-in on the areas where you can improve. I'm sure that if one remains honest about oneself, victories will start pouring in despite one's inherent weaknesses. Hope this helps you. PM me if you require any guidance. ATB for a bright future.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
very true...thanks!
By the way, Is there any gap between training and job? Dats when the bulk of the exams (FMS, XAT, CAT) lie.. (considering training ends in August + 3 months i.e. october...)

And can the training/joining be postponed by 6 months by any practical means? Thats ideal for me... I guess

If i were in your position i would have done the following

->Join tcs whenever the joining comes..but take it easy in training ans study 2- hrs a day for cat..that should be enough since u have already done it once.
->In case you do no perform well ( in XAT,FMS,JMET et al you would know looking at scores ) start preparing for cat 12 from feb 2012 (that should give u enough time for cat 12 ) . That way you can be safe both ways

->If u delay ur joining by 6 months then it would create lots of problems in getting leaves for gd/pi bcos till my time (2 years back) thw rule was if we took more than 2 leaves in ILP we are automaticaly dropped and put in next batch no matter how genuine the reason may be ..

so best scenario is join ASAP (and take a sunday/saturday date for cat in case it is squezzed in ur training)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
very true...thanks!
By the way, Is there any gap between training and job? Dats when the bulk of the exams (FMS, XAT, CAT) lie.. (considering training ends in August + 3 months i.e. october...)

And can the training/joining be postponed by 6 months by any practical means? Thats ideal for me... I guess

There is no gap between training and job but it may depend on u getting a project or being on bench

i would not recommed postponing training bcos then it would clash with ur GD/PI which mostly happen on weekdays and since u are allowed only 2 days off in training , that would be very difficult to adjust ..

Yes You can postpone the training and probably the only reason you can give is medical but then also postponing by 6 months is very difficult indeed.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

bro. i felt very relaxed 2 hear it fm. u!!!!! myn is also a bit same story lyk u,having a drop year bfor graduation and after 2......... joined cl last year in june end........ nd our cat people.>>>> reviewed d dates nd shifed on 27th october........ kuch tym nahi mila... cl people rushed up vid d course nd results not as expected...

i hav done b.sc(h)electronics fom d.u. nd have above 80 in both 10th and 12th..........
waiting 4 welingkar results..... no job in hand ryt now!!!! really stuck up in b/w......... confusd vat 2 do next......... hope u can give me sum advice.....
vaise hav u converted sum calls...
bcoz.. yaar vat happens yaar after gap years nd no gud calls a bit pressure builds up o you nd. sumtyms u end up taking sum average colleges nt. worth your level......... really confused ki koi average colg... le liya jaaye........ ki another shot try kiya jaaye....... bcoz. it was my first attempt nly!!!!!!!
my other frnzzzzzzz... on the thread.. also plz. help me out..... vud be really thankful 2 u all

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
theslagenzer Says
how to postpone DOJ? Can Medical certificates do?

that depends on the company policies. Ask any senior of yours who is in TCS. He may guide you better.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...