Who are the Beneficiaries of Jagananna Chedodu?
AP government has launched this scheme exclusively for the citizens of the state falling under three employment categories. These include-
- Rajakas/Dhobis (Washermen) of the state
- Nayee Brahmin (Barbers) having their own establishment
- Tailors belonging to the Backward Class (BC), Extremely Backward Classes (EBC) category and Kapu Community
- Jagananna Chedodu 2020 Scheme was launched on 10th June 2020 by the CM of Andhra Pradesh.
- The beneficiaries of this scheme include Rajkas, Nayee Brahmins and Tailors of the BPL families.
- A financial assistance of Rs.10000/- will be given to the beneficiaries on an annual basis.
- There are around 82347 Rajkas, 126926 Tailors, and 38767 NayeeBrahmins in the state who are running their registered establishments will be benefited under this scheme.
- An assistance of around Rs.247.04 crores will be disbursed to nearly 247040 beneficiaries of the state.
- Identification of beneficiaries will be done through surveys conducted by the village or ward volunteers across the state.
- The beneficiary list will then be communicated to the citizens through the online portal or ward secretariat
- The fund will be deposited directly to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- If there will be any beneficiary whose name will not be there in the list, then he/she can contact the ward secretariat.
- AP Government is also expected to launch an online portal soon for this scheme where citizens can find all the related details. The link of the official website will also updated here.