Reduce the Stress and crack CAT 2012

144 Posts  ·  161 Users
About this group
Hi all, Reviving the concept which we had for an year in 2009 ! Hopefully it benefits few of us out here :smiley: This thread is specifically dedicated for dealing with the issues regarding mental stress which the aspirants face duri...
Page 1 of 15

Hiee Guyss 😃 I have started preparaing for CAT...Joined TIME institute today:/ Iam a Btech mechanical Student of 3rd year. pleaze guide me ..How to study 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@avinashkrjha Thank you so much!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@katvond said:
@avinashkrjha sir,
what should be the strategy in the last few days in the run-up to CAT?
currently i am focusing more on mocks and revise past cat papers weekly. what would be an ideal strategy in these two weeks before the examďťż?
Last Few Days Strategy :

1. Take Mocks every 3/4 days. Don't take more than 2 or maximum 3 mocks per week. And as you are rightly doing, practise the past CAT Papers as well. Especially the papers that used to come before 2005.

2. Try to finalise the strategy you are going to use. Check what strategy suits you. Don't be worried about the Bad Mock Scores. You only have to learn from your mistakes.

3. Now that only few days are left for the D-Day, don't think much about your week areas. Play on your strengths now.

4. Try to increase the number of attempts and decrease the mistakes.

5. Try not to make mistakes in the areas you are very comfortable. Practise as many questions from the area of your strength from the sectional tests and previous year's questions.

6. Keep your confidence level high. Be calm and be positive. It's more about your attitude now and not the aptitude. All the Best.. !!

AVINASH JHA || Goa Institute of Management || 2011-13 || Admin Head, Cathedral Vidya School, Lonavala
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@avinashkrjha sir,
what should be the strategy in the last few days in the run-up to CAT?
currently i am focusing more on mocks and revise past cat papers weekly. what would be an ideal strategy in these two weeks before the examďťż?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@rajatpal87 said:
@avinashkrjha tussi great ho sir ... rat k is tym jab koi nhi hota salah dene k liye tb ap milte ho ... kind of pagalguy k SHAHENSHAH - Andheri Raaton me .. SunSaan raaho par ... Since these are the last few days ... to ab VA, LR and DI k liye cat k previous year questions ko practice krna shi hoga .. ya fir ab totally mocks ko hi time du ...??
Yes, I would suggest for the previous year questions apart from (CAT 2005 to CAT 2009). Because the difficulty level of questions in this period was very tough and now it has dropped to the level that it used to be before.

Also give 1 or 2 Mocks per week and analyse it thoroughly.

Post any kind of query here if you have. You can also post your issues here :

All the best brother.. !!

AVINASH JHA || Goa Institute of Management || 2011-13 || Admin Head, Cathedral Vidya School, Lonavala
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@avinashkrjha tussi great ho sir ... rat k is tym jab koi nhi hota salah dene k liye tb ap milte ho ... kind of pagalguy k SHAHENSHAH - Andheri Raaton me .. SunSaan raaho par ...
Since these are the last few days ... to ab VA, LR and DI k liye cat k previous year questions ko practice krna shi hoga .. ya fir ab totally mocks ko hi time du ...??
Calls : IIM C L I K S 6NEW FMS NITIE IIT D,KGP,M,K,R :) Converts : C, L Rejects : FMS, NITIE
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@greedyanimal said:
what are the minimum no. of questions one must attempt in order to get 85+ %ile(combined)?
That cannot be predicted. A lot would depend on the difficulty level of the Paper. So don't go and take the exam with some pre decided number of attempts.

If we go by trend of last year, then the Scaled Score at which one scored 85%ile was something near 205/450.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

what are the minimum no. of questions one must attempt in order to get 85+ %ile(combined)?

Nothing can come out of Nothing
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@karl yes calm and compose he is
Regards, Varun Tripathi,Team-MnC,LBSIM-PGDM(2013-15)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Not without reason..."The race is long and in the end it is only with yourself"...have a ball nothing to lose...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...