recruitment by finance and IT companies

3 Posts  ·  11 Users
About this group
I ve heard that all the finance and IT companies recruit students on the basis of their educational background .as in candidates with a comm or eco background are preffered by finance companies and banks but they dont get jobs in IT sector compani...
Page 1 of 1

Pal...u have got a lot of queris...well to start with ill say at the end of the day if you are doing well & you will get the desired promotion & salary in the pvt sector.
Now companies recruitment depends on the type of requirment they have!!Normally IT companies obviously prefer engg because of there technical expertise. But i know many Bcom/CA students doing very well in IT industry.

Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
sahnikraj3 Says
I ve heard that all the finance and IT companies recruit students on the basis of their educational background .as in candidates with a comm or eco background are preffered by finance companies and banks but they dont get jobs in IT sector companies and the students with engineering background get jobs in IT sector but not in finance and banking sector.how far is this true?does this happen even with students who ve got an MBA degree?another thing i ve heard is employees in IT sector get better salaries and increments than companies from other sectors.how far is this true?these are just a few doubts i m sure will be cleared here.

for the record, i'm a civil engineer who was campus recruited by ICICI Bank in fact ICICI Bank prefers engineers to other graduates, unlike quite a few companies i must say which r really averse to engineers(sigh - outta experience!)

I ve heard that all the finance and IT companies recruit students on the basis of their educational background .as in candidates with a comm or eco background are preffered by finance companies and banks but they dont get jobs in IT sector companies and the students with engineering background get jobs in IT sector but not in finance and banking sector.how far is this true?does this happen even with students who ve got an MBA degree?another thing i ve heard is employees in IT sector get better salaries and increments than companies from other sectors.how far is this true?these are just a few doubts i m sure will be cleared here.