RC's screwing my Mocks. What to do?

3 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
Hi PGites, I'm working and aiming for CAT2005. I've joined CL test series. The tests so far have been awesome, totally CAT like. I started off with 83 percentile in the first mock CAT, have improved a bit and touched 90 percentile in the thir...
Page 1 of 1

hey abhishek,
am going thru the same...
have joined time aim cat series.
am doin pretty well in all sections, but RC is screwin me too.
my attempts are goood, my reading speed is good, my passege selection is also fine.
i just get screwed.
after reading everything properly i end up with just a measely 60% accuracy

tell me if u find a solution for the problem

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Abhi,

U have couple of threads which this has been discussed in detail. Would suggest you view that as I see the mods locking this thread anyways

Hi PGites,

I'm working and aiming for CAT2005. I've joined CL test series. The tests so far have been awesome, totally CAT like. I started off with 83 percentile in the first mock CAT, have improved a bit and touched 90 percentile in the third one conducted last Sunday.

My problem's RC. It consumes quite a lot of my time and i end up getting just 65% of my attempts correct in RC. And because the time i spend in RC is more than what ideally should be it effects my attempts hence my score in QA and DI. DI and QA are my strengths. I attempt the paper in this manner: EU > DI > RC > QUANT. I clear the cutoff in DI easily and in QA i come very close due to less time available as a result of RC.

What should i do about it. I'm desperately trying to clear CAT this time around. With just 2 months left what should be the preparation strategy for someone like me who's finding it hard to clear cutoff in English. Any tips for attempting the English section as a whole would help a lot.

Would appreciate any help from you.

Thanks,
Abhishek.