Good morning or Good evening people! I made this group because the dude who made the previous group for SEBI 2019 excluded us or closed the group all together and I think, I should take the initiative to work toward the goal of sebi. hence this group. I will try to do the same but better
Plz join the group for SEBI 2019 exam.
12th March 2019
Mint Summary. (RBI and SBI)
1. Fame 2 scheme: Govt. announced outlay of 10,000 cr for phase II of the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles (FAME) to boost electric mobility and increase the number of electric vehicles in commercial fleets.
- 8596 cr incentive which includes 1000 cr incentive for charging stations.
- Incentive are based in battery size and type of locomotive. Eg. buses Rs 20000 for buses.
2. Boeing 737 Max 8 crashed. DGCA thinking to set up a committee to assess the airworthiness. China has grounded such planes but India has allowed them to continue and keep a close watch on the issue.3. SBI’s move to link its savings rate to the policy rate, when the chance of a rate cut is high, is smart. Margins may improve and since savings deposits are sticky, it will not lose customers. Saving deposits are considered to be more linked to customer habits and are assumed to be less volatile.
The change applies to deposits exceeding ₹1 lakh in value.It is natural that when SBI’s cost of deposits comes down, so would lending rates. Ergo, the regulator’s complaints on poor transmission seem to have been addressed.4. The Right to Education Act stipulates a PTR of 30:1 for the primary level and 35:1 for the upper primary level. The Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan specifies a PTR of 30:1 for the secondary level, while the Unified District Information System for Education sets it at 24:1 for elementary schools and 27:1 for secondary schools. 5. Constraints arising from (FRBM) acts, which lay down uniform targets across states and ignores differing fiscal needs. Caution regarding the terms of reference of the 15th Finance Commission, which stipulate that future redistribution of state finances be based on Census 2011 figures rather than 1971 figures.
1.KFC doing good in Chinese Fast food market which is worth $131 bn.2. Kalanick, earlier CEO of Uber, is plotting an aggressive growth strategy to support the burgeoning kitchen rental service, called CloudKitchens. Uber has to decide whether to partner or work on its own such service.3. Bundl Technologies, which runs and operates Swiggy, has added a clause that any Swiggy investor can’t hold a board seat in Uber or any of its entities, according to the company’s filings with the ministry of corporate affairs (MCA). The founder are taking lessons from flipkart walmart deal and also from softbank- Ola boardroom conflicts.
4. Puravankara forms venture with Morgan Stanley fund.
5. Other than cutting Monsanto’s royalties, the govt raised prices of GM cotton seeds by 1.43% to ₹710 a packet. India has cut the royalties that local seed companies pay to German drugmaker Bayer AG’s Monsanto unit for the third time in four years.
6. If a deal is reached, the US would roll back tariffs on at least $200 billion in Chinese goods while China would reduce industryspecific levies like those on autos. China has also offered to increase purchases of US goods by $1.2 trillion over six years, benefiting agriculture and energy. That would allay Trump’s concerns about the chronic US trade deficit with China. However, Beijing is insisting that removing levies on $200 billion of Chinese goods quickly is necessary to finalize any deal.
hope springs eternal in March:
13th March 2019
Mint Summary. (RBI and SBI)
Retail inflation accelerated to a four-month high of 2.57% in February
India’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth slowed to a five-quarter low of 6.6% in the December quarter and is expected to further slow to 6.4% in the March quarter.
Oil shocks of 1974 and 1979. India is mainly importer of commodities and when commodity prices increase the political unrest has happened.
Competitive exports insure China from global commodity shocks to a great extent. For India, they represent the insurance missing in its economic structure right now.
Europe also bans Boeing 737 max 8
Airtel to transfer 32% stake in Bharti Infratel to Nettle Infr. Airtel and its wholly owned unit Nettle Infrastructure Investments Ltd own 50.33% and 3.18%, respectively, in Bharti Infratel now. After the transfer of stake, which is scheduled to be completed on or after 18 March, Airtel and Nettle will own 18.33% and 35.18%.
Bharti Infratel, which is in the midst of a merger with Indus Towers.
Though RBI cut the repo rate by 25 bps, banks have reduced MCLR only by 5-10 bps, another example of poor rate transmission.
Berners-Lee : www inventor
Mahindra CIE buys Aurnagabad Electricals.
China exaggerates its GDP numbers
invocation of the share pledge by the lenders.?
L&T is seeking a moratorium because it hopes to obtain antitrust approvals in key markets such as India, Europe and the US, where both Mindtree and L&T Infotech (a unit of L&T) are currently present
SIP: Systematic Invesment Plans.
Their database provides information on commodities rather than merchandise trade as a whole. So, for example, the import and export of machines or cars or garments are not part of the database.
This is where the famous 80/20 rule kicks in. Structuring problems will help you find the 20% of the causes that are causing 80% of the problem. For example, when asked to figure out the reasons for constant delays in a project, do you deep dive to find the specific roadblocks in different functions to find which of these are causing maximum delay?