Rate the following companies

10 Posts  ·  10 Users
About this group
Anyone who had worked or knowlegde in any of the listed comapnied plz provide information abt working environment of the companies and other neccessary info...which may count to select the company. 1.accenture 2\. tcs 3\. Infosys 4\. saba ...
Page 1 of 1

Why this fixation for rating be it bschools or workplaces !!! Aren't you much better off asking present or past employees of individual companies than ranting off a list and asking ppl to sort it :huh: As CTD pointed out, how can someone rate without having worked in a lot of them !!! Beats me !

|| Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity ||
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Anyone who had worked or knowlegde in any of the listed comapnied plz provide information abt working environment of the companies and other neccessary info...which may count to select the company.
1.accenture
2. tcs
3. Infosys
4. saba
5. reliance infocom
6. patni
7. interraIT
8. cms
9. cognizant
10. L&T; infotech
11. Mindtree
12. HP
13. persistent
14. syntel
15. tech mahindra

- like training, exposure,package, increments etc.
in IT sector for fresher.
If possible what shud one look for in any of these companies

Salary wise Persistent Inc is the best.
On-site oppurtunities wise TCS Syntel r the best
I want to learn and go on-site and wanna be a captain in a small ship rather a general worker in a large ship
So No 1 is Syntel Inc
Anyone who had worked or knowlegde in any of the listed comapnied plz provide information abt working environment of the companies and other neccessary info...which may count to select the company.
1.accenture
2. tcs
3. Infosys
4. saba
5. reliance infocom
6. patni
7. interraIT
8. cms
9. cognizant
10. L&T; infotech
11. Mindtree
12. HP
13. persistent
14. syntel
15. tech mahindra

1. HP
2. Tech mahindra(MBT)=Mindtree=accenture
3.Infy=tcs=cognizant=persistent
4.L&T;=patni=reliance infocomm=syntel

i dont have a clue abt other companies.

Disclaimer:The ratings are my personal & dont mean to derogate any companies value.
Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!

how can someone rate all these companies unless he's worked in all of them? And if he's worked in all 15 of them, he should stop kidding himself. And what's "saba" doing on that list...Did you just list down all the software companies you've heard of?

Jokes apart, there isn't much differentiability among these companies. Don't fall for the "MNC" tag (except for the brand value or if oyu have foreign dreams) coz the indian arms of these MNCs are run pretty much as standalone independent companies...there's nothing "MNC" about them. In fact, companies like Capgemini, Accenture, etc are structured in such a way that your client is not the actual client for whom you're developing the software, but it's that branch of the company which has outsourced the code to you. So basically, it all comes down to the pay scales and work culture.

please elaborate on job prospects in Accenture(India), Cognizant and Persistant. I already had an offer from Infosys. In what aspects these are better than Infosys.

Cognizant has a great work culture that is laid back and very informal. The pay packet especially for freshers is considered to be pretty good(though the compensation has been decreasing over the years). The onsite opportunites especially to the US are bright ie if you manage to hang around for about a year. The downers could be lack of challenge(there are some pretty good fundoo projects juxtaposed with ordinary ones...depends on how your luck is), average growth rate because of increasing head count(close to 25K) and a mediocre training program.

A very important company has been missed..

Google
1.accenture
2. tcs
3. Infosys
4. saba
5. reliance infocom
6. patni
7. interraIT
8. cms
9. cognizant
10. L&T; infotech
11. Mindtree
12. HP
13. persistent
14. syntel
15. tech mahindra

oh man....a tough one indeed
i wud say
1) HP=Mindtree
2) accentur=tcs=Infosys=patni=cognizant=L&T; infotech=tech mahindra
3) persistent=syntel=reliance infocom
4)cms

i dont know abt saba and interraIT

boss i dont know much abt it

but my elder bro is into infy

and i hav visited pune campus of infy twice

yaar its just amazing to say the least

and not to talk abt bangalore campus(which has 3 artificial lakes)

and i belev the work envi must also b gud

well every big companies atmo has to be gud
so it depends upon ur needs and desires

1.accenture
2. tcs
3. Infosys
4. saba
5. reliance infocom
6. patni
7. interraIT
8. cms
9. cognizant
10. L&T; infotech
11. Mindtree
12. HP
13. persistent
14. syntel
15. tech mahindra