Rank the IIT's SoMs with probable Cutoffs

7 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
Hi All, I know i'll have a lot of opposition for starting a thread which compares two institutes, but this forum is meant for open discussion and expression of one's perception of an MBA institute..... So rank the IITs SoM here.... My ...
Page 1 of 1

Please get your queries resolved in the individual IITSOM threads

No comparisons allowed in here and especially the ones which are based on "as per my knowledege"

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

why not include IISc banglore also and discuss about rankings....
IITD didnt called me at 465 last year so those ranks may not be realistic

IITB and IITD have very less or negligible weightage for Work Ex at the time of giving calls for GD/PI. They go more by the JMET rankings and marks. Work ex takes importance at the final selection time....

But IITKgp does give a lot of weightage to Work Ex and thats why you may get a call even at ranks close to 1500-1800 based on your work ex. So here profile matters a lot....

hope this helped...

same case was last year for IITK also...negligible weightage for work ex...well it depends on the admission panel this time....
Have you considered work ex & profile in ur rankings?

This time the case is bit diff. A guy with 2000 rank is basically behind 900 ppl may be, because of cut-offs. Have u considered that?

IITB and IITD have very less or negligible weightage for Work Ex at the time of giving calls for GD/PI. They go more by the JMET rankings and marks. Work ex takes importance at the final selection time....

But IITKgp does give a lot of weightage to Work Ex and thats why you may get a call even at ranks close to 1500-1800 based on your work ex. So here profile matters a lot....

hope this helped...

Have you considered work ex & profile in ur rankings?

This time the case is bit diff. A guy with 2000 rank is basically behind 900 ppl may be, because of cut-offs. Have u considered that?

Hi All,
I know i'll have a lot of opposition for starting a thread which compares two institutes, but this forum is meant for open discussion and expression of one's perception of an MBA institute.....

So rank the IITs SoM here....

My ranking is as follows

1) IIT-B (Calls upto AIR : 300-400)
2) IIT-D (Calls upto AIR : 600-700)
3) IIT-Kgp (Calls upto AIR : 900-1200)
4) IIT-K (Calls upto AIR : 1500-1800)

This is as per my knowledge..... The range may change based on Applicants profile like - Work Ex. or Excellent Acads......

start posting your findings.....!!!

And there lies the problem. This thread is going to rate schools on a lot of assumptions and more of 'as per my knowledge' information. A recipe for controversy at the very outset. Who are you helping by treating B-schools like cricket teams?

I guess the Mods would be watching this thread.
I come in peace. Take me to your leader. http://www.twitter.com/apurv

Hi All,
I know i'll have a lot of opposition for starting a thread which compares two institutes, but this forum is meant for open discussion and expression of one's perception of an MBA institute.....

So rank the IITs SoM here....

My ranking is as follows

1) IIT-B (Calls upto AIR : 300-400)
2) IIT-D (Calls upto AIR : 600-700)
3) IIT-Kgp (Calls upto AIR : 900-1200)
4) IIT-K (Calls upto AIR : 1500-1800)

This is as per my knowledge..... The range may change based on Applicants profile like - Work Ex. or Excellent Acads......

start posting your findings.....!!!