queries related to MBA in abroad

9 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
hi is there anyone which can help me in getting the answers to my career related queries actually right now i am preparing for the cat ent but if in case i will not be able to crack the entrances than in that situation if i will like to do my mba ...
Page 1 of 1

Swapnil,

You number of posts shows you've been around a while so how come you bumping up an old thread??

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Can anyone tell me how is Massey University of Newzealand?
Is it worth to do MBA from it with 2.5 years of exp?
Please reply asap.

Thanks

Hi
I am planning to apply to Virginia tech, Binghamton and Rutgers university.
Wanted to know if aneone realted to taht or knows howz the uni then pls let me know.

A couple of things:

Course in India / UK = (Academic) Program in the US
Subject in India/ UK = Course in the US.

1. Cornell offers a 1 year MBA (the TMO or Twelve month option). The US system is good for programs where a course is offered in both fall and spring, and if the courses aren't sequential. Example - to do econometrics, you'd have to first do intermediate economics, for which you'd have to first do a basic course in economics. In business schools (at least the top ones), there's no transfer credit - which means you do NOT get any credit for relevant courses already taken in a previous university. So you'd have to go through all the core (compulsory) courses before you move to the business end of the program. The one year MBA's are a response to demand from applicants who already had Bachelor's Degrees in business. Fees in one year MBA are about 60-70% of a that of a two year.

2. Lots of MBAs (mostly younger ones) end up doing MS Finance courses. Check out the MFE offered by the Haas School at UC Berkeley. Student profiles are up there, plenty of MBAs. It's matter of interest, ability and drive.

3. You need to ask your MS CSE friend.
Thanx a lot dude... that solved many a questions... however i guess.. for more replies... i should put this as a separate topic as well...
Hey all, Since am already an MBA from one of India's premier B-Schools, am not interested now in another 2-year MBA now. However, am thinking of pursuing a one year Global MBA 3-4 years down the line. Though almost all European Univs offer one year MBAs (INSEAD, IMD,LBS is 15-21 months), did not find many American Univs going for the same... My queries in this regard are:
  1. I searched about all the top 10 B-Schools worldwide. Kellogg, i observed, was the only B-School that offered a one-year Full Time MBA course. Others have two-years Full Time MBA only. My friend who did a 3-sem MS course in CSE from Columbia Univ said that all courses in US are based on credit hours and that a two-year course can be done in one year as well. What about the fees then? Will only half (first term) be charged?
  2. Another Alternative in which I might be interested is an MS course in Finance / Financial Engineering as available as a one year course in many universities. But MS after MBA??? is that option logical (Taken from the corollary that in India, it is generally considered foolish enough if one goes for MA / MSc after MBA). Also for many of those options, I'll have to take GRE and not GMAT. Which i could had done after my B.Tech itself. Will this indicate that my MBA is wasted?
  3. This is foolish enough... But What is actually a 'Term' as in the US Univs... a year or a semester???
Please take your own time and answer when free coz i have lots of time in my hand before i go for GMAT 😃 ... that is, around one year... Please help me...

A couple of things:

Course in India / UK = (Academic) Program in the US
Subject in India/ UK = Course in the US.

1. Cornell offers a 1 year MBA (the TMO or Twelve month option). The US system is good for programs where a course is offered in both fall and spring, and if the courses aren't sequential. Example - to do econometrics, you'd have to first do intermediate economics, for which you'd have to first do a basic course in economics. In business schools (at least the top ones), there's no transfer credit - which means you do NOT get any credit for relevant courses already taken in a previous university. So you'd have to go through all the core (compulsory) courses before you move to the business end of the program. The one year MBA's are a response to demand from applicants who already had Bachelor's Degrees in business. Fees in one year MBA are about 60-70% of a that of a two year.

2. Lots of MBAs (mostly younger ones) end up doing MS Finance courses. Check out the MFE offered by the Haas School at UC Berkeley. Student profiles are up there, plenty of MBAs. It's matter of interest, ability and drive.

3. You need to ask your MS CSE friend.

Hey all,
Since am already an MBA from one of India's premier B-Schools, am not interested now in another 2-year MBA now. However, am thinking of pursuing a one year Global MBA 3-4 years down the line. Though almost all European Univs offer one year MBAs (INSEAD, IMD,LBS is 15-21 months), did not find many American Univs going for the same...
My queries in this regard are:

1. I searched about all the top 10 B-Schools worldwide. Kellogg, i observed, was the only B-School that offered a one-year Full Time MBA course. Others have two-years Full Time MBA only. My friend who did a 3-sem MS course in CSE from Columbia Univ said that all courses in US are based on credit hours and that a two-year course can be done in one year as well. What about the fees then? Will only half (first term) be charged?
  2. Another Alternative in which I might be interested is an MS course in Finance / Financial Engineering as available as a one year course in many universities. But MS after MBA??? is that option logical (Taken from the corollary that in India, it is generally considered foolish enough if one goes for MA / MSc after MBA). Also for many of those options, I'll have to take GRE and not GMAT. Which i could had done after my B.Tech itself. Will this indicate that my MBA is wasted?
  3. This is foolish enough... But What is actually a 'Term' as in the US Univs... a year or a semester???
Please take your own time and answer when free coz i have lots of time in my hand before i go for GMAT 😃 ... that is, around one year...

Please help me...
mitali saxena Says
hi is there anyone which can help me in getting the answers to my career related queries actually right now i am preparing for the cat ent but if in case i will not be able to crack the entrances than in that situation if i will like to do my mba from abroad than which country , which university shall i apply how much will be its validity in india it will be better to study mba abroad or in india itself and how much will be the expenditure please help me i am really intended to know about it

Hi mitali,

ATB for CAT, initially i am have the same bent of mind,and i wasted my buckz for CAT appz.Nw i wanna do MBA abroad.Because MBA abroad and MBA in India are incomparable.Because in abroad it is more practical oriented than india(plz bear in mind that this is my experience what i hv gained from past so deosn't neccessaraly b true for u).About fee expense it varies according to univ.On an avg it needs min 20 lac - 30 lac.But if u managed to get scholarship then it is cheap.If u get into top b-school,loanz are easily available.IdaY is right, you gotta do research on univ. and then decide what to do.time is very less nw if u wann apply for fall 2007 so research nd decide as soon as possible.

Best of luck
mitali saxena Says
hi is there anyone which can help me in getting the answers to my career related queries actually right now i am preparing for the cat ent but if in case i will not be able to crack the entrances than in that situation if i will like to do my mba from abroad than which country , which university shall i apply how much will be its validity in india it will be better to study mba abroad or in india itself and how much will be the expenditure please help me i am really intended to know about it

hello mitali,
all the best with ur CAT preparation. hope u do well.

which is the best place to do an MBA is a matter of personal choice. The decision has to be arrived by u and u only, using all personal and professional requirements in mind. and once u select the place, selecting the universities is again a matter of personal choice.

if in case u need info reg the foreign B schools, all the info u r asking for is available in the forum. Please be patient and search for the info.

thanks,
Iday